Tuesday, January 03, 2006

work boyfriend, date deux

the bare bones of it: date number two was lunch. already at the bar with a glass of wine when he arrived, he leaned in for a kiss on the lips when i was aiming for his cheek. however, that was the only awkward moment of the day.

i'd mentioned how good their tomato soup was but how i couldn't finish a whole bowl by myself. he didn't seem interested but wanted me to pick an appetizer to share. my second choice? steamed clams. when the waiter came, clams AND tomato soup were ordered. am i spoiled or what?

justy texted saying he was headed for a movie and we hopped over after lunch to join him where hand-holding ensued. he has a car here and drove me home. we kissed for a bit in the car. on the kiss scale, i'd give it a 6. i tried to get a little sexy on him, a teeny sucking and biting on the lip, and he backed away like it was too much for him to handle...*shaking head*

THE END

i'm not sure about all this. i don't know if our chemistry is that good. to be perfectly frank, i don't know that we have any chemistry. if he's attracted to me, it's not in the way i like. he keeps calling me cute. which is fine, but it doesn't make me feel like i'm wanted. like he wants to rip my clothes off and ravish me in bed. that last feeling...i think i need that. i actually said, "you know, you call me cute a lot." he tried to justify it by saying something like, "well, on the scale of things, you're more on the cute side than the 'really pretty' side." now, i know he didn't mean it to be an insult...but stuff like that doesn't sound good any way you cut it! i'm always "cute" until i get into bed with a guy and when he sees my range and unbeatable enthusiasm, i typically graduate to "sexy" or "hot."

there is so much pressure to like him because he's nice. i don't typically like nice guys. i like hot guys and they're almost always assholes causing me to not like them for all that long. some cycle, huh? because i work with the guy i have to give this as many chances as i can handle before i make any move that brings a whole world of discomfort to work.

i'll see what happens...and so will all of you...

13 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

bottom line, the problem with nice guys is that they're usually dumb. he probably thought calling you cute was an awesome compliment. (been there). give him a chance. after the first foot-in-mouth moments, you'll see he's probably a lot better than those jerks you're used to.

and sometimes you'd be surprised when you get to that next level. the nice ones just just need a little more time to marinate b/c they haven't spent as much time trying to perfect their game. believe me, it's better that way.

1/02/2006 11:40 PM  
Blogger tiredbutnotsleepy.blogspot.com said...

This is not sounding good girl! I once, let's say dated, a guy that told me i was a two on the scale of 1 to 5 ...one being a prude and 5 being a slut. Yeah, we didn't "date" much after that...but I did find comfort with his hotter best friend!! lol I think he was trying to give me a compliment...but you are right... they should leave that scale business alone! lol

1/02/2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm guessing that he's probably kicking himself pretty hard for that cute/really pretty thing.

I say be patient...he might have a really, totally, utterly filthy side, he's just shy to begin with.

Or maybe he's the one that deserves to 2 out of 5 on @'s date's scale.

Bx

1/03/2006 3:09 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

i got nothin on this one.

you probably know me well enough (as much as one can over the internet) to know what i would do.

take care!

1/03/2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger omar said...

This may not have been the intended effect, but all I can do after reading this is sing "Jazz... too sexy for work boyfriend... " over and over to the tune of Right Said Fred's mega-hit.

1/03/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Porkchop said...

It is a rare "nice guy" who can have the same awesome chemestry as a bad guy. And yes, the pressure to like nice guys is incredible... and alot of times it's so much HARDER. Simply because they are so... vanilla.

Don't settle.

1/03/2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, that whole "cute, not pretty" thing? He's clueless. Keep an eye open for other signs of stupidity.

1/03/2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

RUN...RUN!!! if you feel like that now, just imagine how lame it could all be in bed.

awwwwh...i hate bad sex!

i'm sorry to be on the negative, but the possibility of bad sex gives me the creeeeeeeeps!

1/03/2006 6:00 PM  
Blogger SnowQueen said...

Ouch that cute as oposed to sexy comment BAD move on his part Every chick has to be called pretty if cutes all he can get too he's got issues

1/03/2006 6:19 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I'd like to inform everyone that I consider myself a nice guy and damnit I always finish last...despite coming up with adjectives for my ladies like "gorgeous" and "hot."

I'm just going to start being a foul-mouthed pervert. This whole censored pervert thing isn't going over well.

1/03/2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger rya76n said...

Nice guys finish last. There has to be a happy medium which most men don't get.
This guy is just plain ignorant to what a woman wants and needs. I mean he got your attention, but he does not have any clue on how to continue his "wooing" or even close the deal.
Go with your gut!!! Your gut is saying you aren't even that attracted to him. You were attracted when you didn't know he was a dumbass.

1/03/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Your interest level had already peaked and he is on a downhill slide. MAYBE he can recover, but who knows.... I must read on

1/03/2006 9:17 PM  
Blogger smila said...

The thing with chemistry... u either have it or don't. no amount of time can "built" chemistry...speaking from personal experience, of course. too bad...

1/03/2006 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home