Friday, December 30, 2005

oh dear...

i'm being wooed...

i came back to my desk to find the dining section of the NYTimes and a chocolate covered cherry sitting on my chair, courtesy of the work boyfriend. it was one of the sweetest things i'd ever seen. even better than getting flowers. am i really that easy to please?

i think i'm smitten.

on a related note: on telling a friend at work about it she said, "if someone had McDonalds delivered to me, i'd fall in love with him." the thought of this makes me laugh like crazy.

i actually had a date with work boyfriend yesterday and, to my dismay, we had a great time. as much as i'm trying to fight the whole thing because it's so much easier to NOT date someone i'm working with, i'm not sure how much longer i can hold out. he's pretty great, unfortunately. a few tiny kisses were exchanged at the end of the evening. it was all really lovely. goddamnit.

12 people who played with me:

Blogger tiredbutnotsleepy.blogspot.com said...

Awww, Merry Christmas too you huh!!

12/30/2005 3:05 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

just go with it.

i've come to learn that there's no rhyme or reason to any of this relationship stuff. keep your head, follow your heart and be honest, but above all, ENJOY!

as for my biased opinion: chococovered cherries are divine, so definitely keep this one around.

12/30/2005 4:10 AM  
Blogger MEP said...

Aww, that's really cute. Stop fighting it and enjoy! Although it sounds like you aren't fighting very hard. Have fun!

12/30/2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

yey!!! jazz has a BF...a good one, it sounds like.

congrats...what a way to end the year!

12/30/2005 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The root of smitten? Smite. I'm not one to give anything remotely resembling a advice on this stuff, though. . .

12/30/2005 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really sweet! I once had a work boyfriend, unfortunately mine became a jerk! But for you...someone who wants to give you the dining section of the NY TIMES..is a keeper!

12/30/2005 2:05 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Well, you've already got it started. You might as well see how good it will be. Go for it!

12/30/2005 2:05 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I love the tone of that last paragraph. "Everything's great. Which sucks." heh.

12/30/2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I think it depends on what kind of an office you work in. Where I am, I can go weeks without seeing certain people. Now we have an office on the other side of the street. Those people might as well be on the other side of the country as far as I’m concerned. So I think one could get away with it in my company, which is probably why half of them are dating… it’s kind of disgusting really. We’re one bar short of a brothel around here… or perhaps I exaggerate… But if you’re in a situation where eventually you’ll have to say something like, “I saw him all day at work, then all night at home. We went to lunch together, we went to dinner together. All are weekends were spent together and nearly every waking moment of our lives was spent in each others company. I couldn’t get away from him, and that’s why I stabbed him in the neck with a fork 78 times your honor.” Then you might want to proceed with a little bit of caution…

By the way, hi, my name is Jon. Remember when I used to comment all the time and stuff? Yeah, good times… eye see I’ve been replaced though… (I did that knowing full well it was a horrific pun, and I don’t even feel ashamed about it) I’m going to need to change my name or something… perhaps it’s time to bring Onj out of retirement… I’ll check with his agent and see if he still feels like he has anything left in the tank for another run at the championship… I’m not even sure where I’m going with that metaphor. In fact, I’m not even sure if that was a metaphor.

12/30/2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger jodifosterturkeybaster said...

I know what you mean Jazz. I hate it when I get along with people, that's why I always try to offend or piss someone off first. Especially when they;re attractive, successful, kind, loving, warm people. I hate that shit.

12/30/2005 6:25 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

There's no way you can go back now. Chocolate covered cherry?! It's a lost cause, Jazz, have some fun.

12/31/2005 9:51 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Awwww...this is so sweet. I'm happy for you, hon!

12/31/2005 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home