Friday, December 02, 2005

nativi-taye!!!


have been too busy to get an HNT photo up this week. sorry to disappoint! instead i have my brother's latest foray into nativity alteration. when we were little we'd always re-arrange them or hide the baby jesus or line the wise men up against the trees to make them look like they were taking a piss or something. this year, i have to say, he's out done himself. my brother really is the funniest person on the planet. or at least a close third to jon stewart and ellen.

re: taye...a couple times a year i volunteer to work the galas that my friend's dance company has. this year, taye was the guest of honor. usually the celebrity gives a little talk and then takes off before the reception (cough*derekjeter*cough). however, taye, like the great man he is, knows a good party and stayed all night. it was a black tie event but all the old people really let loose once you get a few drinks in them. we were only needed at the beginning of the party so were free to play most the time and of course, we hit the dance floor. we stared at taye for a while and drooled. then we wiped ourselves up and got right up next to him, which is fine, but it impeded our staring capabilities. in fact, we could barely look at him for fear that he'd read our minds and figure out we were going to drag him into the bathroom and have our way with him. it was hilarious. taye, some company dancers, us, and some really old people sporting 1.5 mil in jewelry all dancing together. oh, if only i'd had my camera! someone from the NYPost was there but it was probably reporting only to put a ditty on the business pages to feature how generous CEO of X company is for being so involved or whatnot. his wife edina showed up towards the end of the evening, permanently quashing any kidnapping/raping plans that had been floating around in my head. ZUT ALOR!

i've actually waited on taye and edina a couple times at the soho house. they're sweet as can be. my only gripe...he called me ma'am at one point. ugh. makin me feel old...

13 people who played with me:

Blogger Junie B said...

completely.
jealous.

12/01/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Taye Diggs. Nice.

12/01/2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK I OFFICIALLY BAN MYSELF FROM READING YOUR BLOG!!!!!! all this jelousy is giving me high blood pressure or whatever... do SPECIFICALLY seek out my celebrity crushes and hang out with them!!!??!?!

;)

12/01/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I love the amount of comments you usually get on HNT, and then the one day you don't post a picture, you have 5 people that want to play with you.

We're all a bunch of greedy bloggers.

12/01/2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger tiredbutnotsleepy.blogspot.com said...

Holy shit, he is hot with two t's! How do you know it was really him?
Details woman! How can we live vicariously if you don't provide the details?!

12/01/2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger omar said...

How tall is he really? He looks pretty short. And I can handle them being hotter than me as long as I'm taller.

12/01/2005 7:30 PM  
Blogger Izzy said...

Hahaha. Is he a good dancer? God I hate famous people. Probably only because I'm not one of them...

12/02/2005 12:27 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

I wonder if that's Taye n Jazz in the back of the car.

Yep, yo bro is fuuuurny

12/02/2005 6:39 AM  
Blogger MEP said...

I think they are the cutest couple - it would be hard to hate on for having such a gorgeous husband b/c she's fabulous herself.

12/02/2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

You should've done that rape and kidnap thing anyway. You'd have made the Post for sure.

12/02/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

I love the nativity scene, that is hilarious. If you have pictures of previous year's attempts, could you do 12 days of nativity scenes for us? One per post for the days leading up to Christmas. That would be hilarious.

As per human nature, on reading whom you’re brushing shoulders with, I immediately thought of whose name I could drop. I was in the same restaurant as Jerome Ignalia and a couple others of the Calgary Flames. Did he talk to me? No. Did he know I was even there? No. That’s all I’ve got.

12/02/2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

Don't worry Jaz, some of us use Ma'am and Sir in conversation to be polite... Raised with manners, that's all. ;-)

12/03/2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Not only funny but great taste in cars too

12/12/2005 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home