Thursday, December 13, 2007

it's a sign

in the past two days i've seen two of my loves on the street!

i walked past david remnick walking east on 41st street. i assume he was leaving the nytimes building which was right about where i saw him. we made eye contact and i thought, "i know him" and a split second later my head was screaming, "oh my god that was david remnick! i should stop him to tell him how much i love his magazine!" but then i'd look like a silly little girl and i must keep up the appearance of being a composed, classy gal.

then yesterday i saw a guy running down the sidewalk. here's a lesson folks, running on a nyc sidewalk isn't a great idea. there are too many people around to make something like that accident free. so i see this guy in a long black wool coat jogging down the sidewalk. i can tell he's running late for something because there's panic in his face. and while i'm noticing that panic i start panicking myself because "oh my god, that's joshua bell!" and so i start speed walking behind him. and before you call me a stalker, i wasn't stalking. i was walking south on broadway towards union square, in the same direction that he was speeding by. and i only "followed" him until we got to 19th which is where i had to meet em for dinner. and it's a good thing i had dinner plans because otherwise i definitely would have kept following him. and yes, THAT makes me a stalker.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

I didn't realize that the line between "stalker" and "chick just happening to be heading in the same direction who just feels like speeding up" is so fine.

12/13/2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

stalking was only bad in the 80's...
now, it's totally acceptable.

12/14/2007 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home