Thursday, April 05, 2007

racist jasmine

ed. sidenote, i'm tired of the sticky post: donate!

i caved in and joined facebook recently and i've been connecting with some of the most random people from my past. so i get an e-mail the other day, "hey racist jasmine! long time, no talk!" racist jasmine was my nickname in college amongst my college boyfriend's group of friends.

what did i do to be given such a decorous moniker, you ask?

one day as the "girlfriends" of a house of 5 men were making breakfast (yes, how subservient were we?) we were doling out mimosas. for the last person served, a big white guy named mike (a dead ringer for kevin smith), i had run out of champagne flutes and instead used a rocks glass.

"hey, how come mike doesn't have a wine glass?" someone asked.

in a loud, indignant tone, "because jasmine's racist!" was the first thing that came out of darling mike's mouth.

and it was SOOOOO funny that i ended up stuck with that as my nickname for the majority of my time in college.

and still, it remains.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

I have a facebook account, but I don't ever log into it. I may be too old to understand it. Or maybe I'm just too non-racist.

4/05/2007 3:38 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

wow. i thought you had to be a student to be on there. and while i have shunned myspace like the plague, i know my brother's on facebook. maybe i should sneak a peek at what he's been up to.

4/06/2007 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home