Friday, March 23, 2007

happy birthday bloggie!

so you're two years old now and i can't remember what life was like without you.

okay, that's a lie. i can. but it was less fun i think. but i'm happy i have you. you make me think more about normal everyday things. you make me appreciate this city more than i would if i weren't constantly taking notes on noteworthy things to pass on to the masses. and by masses, i mean the meager 125 or so of you who quietly stop by every day.

i've taken down the HNT pictures so you get less visitors than you used to, but it's okay. those skeevy visitors we didn't want around anyhow. we want people who are here to read, not to rub one off before bed.

one of my best blogging friends, lovely ale, is moving to a foreign land to be with her man next month and i couldn't be happier for her. i'm happy to have met highcontrast through her who is now a very regular part of my life (and a member of the esteemed ladies brunch group). however i do have an evil plan to slowly convince everyone who isn't here, to move to new york city, right cadiz? and jon? and andy?

altogether now: happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear blaaah-ogggg. happy birthday to you! (and many more...)

17 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

Happy birthday, Jazz's blog! Even though I've been here almost from the beginning and your author snubbed me and doesn't want me to move to NYC as part of her evil plan, I'm still happy for you, blog.

3/23/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

omar, if there is even one ounce of you that wants to sell your lovely house and your perfectly manicured lawn for an apartment 1/3 the size of your house with nothing but concrete in sight, i'll start my evil plan to get you here too.

i bet there are zero voles in the city though...

3/23/2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Alla said...

there are LOTS OF RATS though!! :)

anyway... happy bloggibirthday you so rock!

i think ur next blog's name should be: how jazz took over the city

3/23/2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger omar said...

Good points. I'll stay upstate and maybe pop down for a visit when your evil plan succeeds.

3/23/2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

to be fair, the cadiz, andy and jon have all independently said they'd like to move to nyc. so i'm just adding fuel to their fire. not playing favorites or anything, i swear!

because we all know who'd be my favorite if i had to choose one...

3/23/2007 11:21 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

"we want people who are here to read, not to rub one off before bed.'

So I guess that I wouldn't be your favorite? (I kid... I kid...)

Congrats Jazz!

3/23/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

we want people who are here to read, not to rub one off before bed.

Do the two really have to be mutually exclusive?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAZZ BLOG!

3/23/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

happy blog anniversary, jazz!

i cannot believe the cadiz is such a dufus and hasn't realized that all this time the sticky note was staying at the top and there were all these new posts underneath.

keep your fingers crossed about that evil plan! then you're going to have to throw a ginormous blogger bash. :)

3/23/2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Neily said...

Com'n! You cant have a blog birthday and not give us atleast one of your favourite posts!

Actually since bloggie is all of two, I think we are in line for TWO favourite posts.

Happy birthday bloggie! May your next two bloggie years be as bubbly and bright as your last.

3/23/2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I will definitely be moving to NYC, right after you get the right URL for my site! I looked at that site and was like, "when did I start this?" Haha, and my BD is like around the same day as your blog!

3/23/2007 5:04 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/23/2007 5:04 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I believe my 2 year is right around this time too... however, let's not expect any kind of a party. That's not what I'm about. (apparently I'm not about posting very often either). But your plan to get me to move there seems to be in full swing as 75 employees were let go from my company today. I could be on the bubble... time will tell.

3/23/2007 6:04 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Happy 2nd birthday, Jazz's blog! I owe you so much.

Jazz - Did you have to be so harsh on Omar, though? I mean, we all know I'm your favorite, you didn't have to rub it in...

3/23/2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

happy belated birthday!

3/24/2007 5:59 PM  
Blogger Bridge said...

Happy birthday Jazz's blog!

Your mum (I have spelt it right, I'm English) is clearly very proud of you, and rightly so. I would like to congratulate her on nurturing a very happy, healthy blog baby.

3/25/2007 9:12 AM  
Blogger Syar said...

Happy Birthday Jazz's blog!

In your two years, you've done so much and reached so many and spurred even more. I'm happy to be counted amongst the followers.

3/25/2007 10:30 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Happy blogoversary!

3/27/2007 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home