Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"hello, what is your emergency?"

striding down the street on my way to work, i hear sirens in the distance. the sirens grow louder as the ambulance turns the corner and draws near, the wailing coming up from behind me.

the wailing continues as the car is stuck behind a myriad of cabs and city buses. and i start to feel sick to my stomach as this vehicle screams its urgency behind me, i'm outpacing it as i walk.

and i think about the desperation of whoever it is waiting for this ride, say a silent prayer for them, and pray myself that i'll never need emergency medical help while anywhere in midtown manhattan.

4 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

Ugh. Put another plus in the "suburbs" column.

3/27/2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger glo said...

While I can't say it was so eloquently put, I wondered this momentarily last time I was in Manhattan. I wondered if they'd come up with a solution akin to the police on horseback. Apparently not. That scares me real bad. I'll offer a post-prayer as well.

3/27/2007 1:20 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

all the more reason we need to get on that go-go-gadget copter thing.

3/27/2007 3:16 PM  
Blogger Neily said...

New York has many perks, room to move is not one of them.

Im sure who ever needed the ambulance was ok.

Did you get any presents for your blogthday?

3/28/2007 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home