Tuesday, April 03, 2007

take me out to the ballgame

so the yankees home opener was yesterday.

this means many many MANY hours of jeter watching for the next several months. this, folks, is a good thing.

andy pettitte is back and even though he's a god-freak, the guy is still pretty handsome.

which brings me to mariano rivera. i've always thought mariano was so cute. he's kinda shy, and has these big doe eyes. and whenever he's in a really stressful closing situation, he looks kinda scared and i always have a strong desire to go give the guy a big hug. i adore him.

but lately i've been seeing his face plastered all over the subway on posters with sayings in spanish that are all about believing in god and reading the bible. he's a bible banger too?!

eh, you can't win them all.

but that's the thing about mariano. he can, literally, win them all. he puts those batters to sleep and for that, he gets to keep my devotion for a while longer. creepy god stuff notwhithstanding.

3 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

"I'm Jazz, I'm all cool sports-watching chick... Mariano Rivera has big doe eyes."

I don't have the words...

And Johnny Damon left the game with cramps in his calves, eh? I'm guessing that he didn't stretch... before brushing his hair.

Go Jays!

4/03/2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger omar said...

My wife's all ready for Jeter-watching, too. She even bought our boy a little #2 Yankee uniform.

4/03/2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seek solace in the words of Lance Armstrong: “If there was a god, I’d still have both nuts.”

4/03/2007 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home