Sunday, April 02, 2006

subway diaries, chapter 4

for all gothamites, the subway is a way of life. this is the fourth in a series of my thoughts on this modus transportare publico. i'm fluent in faux latin, be impressed.

nothing makes my day like a train conductor with a sense of humor.

"this is 34th street, penn station. transfer here for the C and E trains, Madison Square Garden, the Jacob Javits Center and the Copacabana."

what a way to make a captive but weary audience chuckle a bit first thing in the morning.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

And now that song is stuck in my head. Thanks.

4/03/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Honestly, I don't remember ever riding the subway and thinking, "Wow, I can actualy make out what the conductor is saying."

Haha, you lie, Jasmine, it never happens. :)

4/04/2006 2:19 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Love the faux latin. A real talent you have there.

4/04/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Omar, it wasn't. It is now, dammit.

Stupid LRT system here has no conducter. It's all automated these days. Sigh.

I took a page out of your gratuitous book. Go see!

4/04/2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

I don't believe I know how that song sounds like.

umm....yeah....I probably do. I just...forgot...that's it. look!

*runs away*

4/07/2006 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home