Monday, March 06, 2006

i'm coming mario!!!

so mario's assistant (lets call her mary) is the best friend of a good friend. translation: we hang out together a couple times a month.

me: the reviews of del posto have been kinda harsh, right? i've been dying to go to babbo...
mary: jasmine, please! i'll make you a reso for next saturday. (note: it is very VERY difficult to get reservations here at all. you need to stalk the reservation line a month in advance and even then you probably won't get what you want if you're not somebody.)
me: are you kidding?! that's amazing...

a few days later i get an e-mail...

"jasmine, could not get anything for that saturday. gweneth is in town or something and pulled all the VIP reso spots. got you next saturday 8pm. here's your reservation confirmation number: 34hm. enjoy!"

that date happens to be the same day that i have Spamalot tickets for!

d'oh!!!

i was really scared mary would be annoyed for going through the trouble/pulling the strings for me and that i wasn't able to make it but she told me just to cancel them and come up with another date.

sometimes it really is all about who you know. god, do i love this city...

7 people who played with me:

Blogger The Big Cheese said...

It is always about who you know. Always.

3/07/2006 1:16 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

it's just good that you know the right people.

3/07/2006 1:42 AM  
Blogger Wags said...

It really is about who you know, it's how I've gotten every job I've ever had. (I really really want to see Spamalot, I might have to plan a trip to NYC around when I can get tickets to it.)

3/07/2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger iluvnyc said...

lucky you

3/07/2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I wish I knew famous people's assistants.

I just hope my brother's GF gets to smooze some rich and famous people at her new job so I have a friend of a friend sort of thing.

3/07/2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I've never been to Newe York, though I may stop through for a day when I go to Connecticut to see my friend, so I'm going to have to scan your blog and find all the cool places.

3/08/2006 1:37 AM  
Blogger HST said...

I'm so jealous! I'm just madly in LOVE with Mario Batali. If you see him, pinch his ass for me. Thanks.

3/08/2006 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home