Friday, March 24, 2006

blog: a year in review

so i've officially been blogging a year.

i started on a whim and never knew how constant a part of my life it would become. or that it would become a real part of my life at all. and as life has it's cycles, this blog has been there with me for them and taken a few of it's own.

this has been a whirlwind year from me. i finished up a hellish law school career, i took the bar, i lost a friend to suicide, i lost friends because of this blog, i outed myself to my friends, i lost an apartment, i found an apartment, i found a job, i passed the bar, i found a positive balance on my bank account, i found a boyfriend, i found an orgasm, i lost the boyfriend, the boyfriend found a therapist.

this blog has served several purposes. sometimes to give myself time to reflect. though more often to reach out...the e-mails i got when dave died were overwhelming. you showed me your pain to help ease mine and i thank you. losing friends because of things i've written here has made me realize the pure superficiality of those relationships and made me really cherish the friends who've stuck around for every other mistake i've ever made and who, no matter what, love me and think i'm worth having in their lives.

the blog word as i know it has seen many changes. two different sets of bloggers that i know have started some serious long term relationships. several bloggers have disappeared entirely. some bloggers have conceived carried to term happy babies. some lost their life as they knew it. many blogs disappeared or merged or a combination of both as bloggers sorted their feelings out. some real life friends started their own blogs. all the while, i've been here to witness it. to share in the joy, the devastation, and all the stuff in the middle right along with them.

some have been here from the beginning. for some reason, you've stuck around and for that i humbly thank you *bowing to your greatness* i'm honored. several of you i've met at one point or another. i always invite people to look me up when they get into the city. so to those i've met, i look forward to seeing you again. and to those i haven't yet had the pleasure to buy a beer in this fine city of mine...what the hell are you waiting for?!

*raising a glass* here's to another year full of ups and downs and "whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger" stuff. i'm armed with my strength and my happiness and the love of my life, this fair place called gotham city. so, life, i'm ready for you...bring it.

cheers! and can i get a huzzah??

13 people who played with me:

Blogger iluvnyc said...

happy anniversary! you have an awesome blog! :)

3/24/2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Prost! And huzzah! Seriously, one of the best year tribute posts I've yet seen. Great job.

3/24/2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger Wags said...

Huzzah, cheers, cin cin...
Congrats on one year!

3/24/2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

congratulations, jazz. finders keepers.

3/24/2006 1:14 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Happy anniversary. I retroactively dedicate the beers I've been drinking tonight to you.

Here's to another year. *click*

3/24/2006 1:33 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/24/2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah we're ready for you too jazz!
... BRING IT!!

3/24/2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger omar said...

It says my first comment wasn't until mid-April on this site. I swear I commented on your 100 things post! Have you been deleting my old comments?

Anyway, thanks for a year of entertainment. Without this site, I would have had no idea which orifice Gavin Degraw prefers to penetrate.

Huz to the zah!

3/24/2006 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEE YEAH I GOT A HAPPY BABY THAT DOESN'T SLEEP IN THE DAY! Anyways...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

3/24/2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Happy anniversary, Jazz. You know we love you.

Can't wait for that bee---make that a Coke. :)

3/24/2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

You bought other people who met you, beer? I am so pissed off!

Not really.

I started my blog in February - I can't believe I've been blogging longer than you! Altough it doesn't really matter, I still have yet to break the 2 mark on my comments.

3/27/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

which ocean separates america from asia? because that's what separating me from NY, meeting you and a beer that will now have to be made into something non-alco.

I'll get there soon enough. sorry for late comment, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

H-U-Z-Z-A-H!

WV : twghuz : terribly, wickedly good, The Huz(zah)

3/28/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger glo said...

Happy Anniversary! The blogosphere wouldn't be the same without you :)

You brought most of us together. Thank you.

3/31/2006 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home