Friday, January 27, 2006

i've been tagged!!!

i sometimes get tagged for memes. i almost never do them but this one was cute and no-nonsense...much like myself. so thanks for the tag syar! i like her categories so i'm ganking them. without further ado...

five weird things about myself!

weird habit: i'm obsessed with plucking my eyebrows. every morning i inspect and if i see the teeniest hair sprouting out, i won't give up until i get it. i carry tweezers with me at all times. it verges on obsessive compulsive.

weird aversion: kangaroos. they scare the shit out of me. i used to have full on nightmares about being kicked by one of those things and becoming a paraplegic as a result.

weird anatomy: i have a freakishly long torso. people used to tell me this all the time. a guy i knew even called me "long torso" which, by the way, is probably the most unattractive nickname EVER. so i accepted my long torso, i even embraced it. i accepted the fact that a long torso means shorter legs (midget legs actually). nowadays i'll talk about my long torso and nobody knows what i'm talking about. they think i'm weird.

weird sayings: kate and i are ridiculous together. we have several things we say to each other regularly. the list includes but is not limited to: "i'd like another rolo please!" in a crazy louis armstrong voice; "play with me! pay attention to me!" in a veruca salt voice; and "what are you doing?" said in the voice of apu from the simpsons. i also say, "seriously?" and "ya know?" to the point of exhaustion.

weird posse: i hang out with theatre people. enough said.

have a good weekend folks! myself? well...i'll be at the office. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! at least i can take solace in a steak dinner with work boyfriend tonight.

7 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

Midget legs. I may need to go change my link to your site.

1/27/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

all these extra hours make it a good thing you work with your man.

1/27/2006 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kangas are a bit freaky looking. Big, giant hopping rats with pouches. . .

1/27/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

Kangaroos?


I'm afraid of sharks, but Kangaroos?

1/28/2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

I know what you mean about the eyebrow thing. I'm not 24/7 tweezer-equipped, but once I spy a stray hair, there will be no rest till I have disposed of it. I hate the thought of them running amok.

Also, I can empathize with the kangaroo fear...I'm terrified of ostriches. This one time I dreamt one pecked me to death and that was enough to make me permanently swear of even the remotest contact with them. Ever.

Dem tagged me, so I have a guest post at Syar's. Check it out if you have time, long tor---uh, Jazz dear.

1/28/2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I have a friend with a super long torso, which makes it hard for her to get jeans. I hope you got rid of the boy who bestowed upon you the utterly ridiculous nickname quickly, because.... that's just sad.

1/30/2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

i've never fully done my eyebrows. should I thank the powers that be for my non-obsession? but you make everything sound so cool!!

long torso....midget legs....I'm with omar. I smell "link change".

;-)

2/05/2006 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home