Friday, October 28, 2005

and he wasn't kidding...

another jon stewart snippet. trent lott yesterday re: the next supreme court nomination...

TL: i want the president to look across the country and find the best man, woman, OR minority that he can find.

JS: now you know what people? No! give this man some credit! i remember a time when a senator from mississippi wouldn't even put a minority on equal footing with men and women.


somehow it's both surprising and not-at-all-surprising that something like this came out of lott's mouth...

11 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

i love j.s.

10/28/2005 4:08 PM  
Blogger Pirate said...

I caught that. It was funny how he said even minorities....

10/28/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger MEP said...

Lott is such a fucking dumbass. His PR people are going to shoot him. lol.

10/28/2005 7:33 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

omg, I just saw the daily show episode on my dvr. 24hr news is just such a trap for people which don't think before they speak. Sigh. Part of me can't believe he said that, but then again I'm from that neck of the woods, and it doesn't surprise me at all, especially given his past.

I've also started becoming a lot more cynical about the White House. I briefly thought they timed the Miers withdraw announcement so that it would be the day before the Libby indictments. That way the withdraw would only get one day's worth of press. But then again I have to remind myself that there has been so much bad press about the White House and Congressional Republicans that they really can't time it, there seems to be something new every day or two.

10/29/2005 3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the term, "lotty mouth" could catch on?

10/29/2005 6:18 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

And here I thought you'd forgotten about me. I can't say I wasn't a little hurt that you'd been AWOL for so long, but now I know never to doubt you again Jazz.

Btw, sorry for my own comment-absenteeism. If I haven't said it before, I adore the HNT photos!

10/29/2005 11:59 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Just properly read this post. No idea who Trent Lott is, but wow he's stupid.

10/30/2005 12:01 AM  
Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

hehe, oh trent lott you magnificient bastard! i can remember when people in louisiana used to say, "at least we're not mississippi".

in other news, slavery was abolished in mississippi last week. my, my, they really are behind the times there.

10/30/2005 3:46 PM  
Blogger glo said...

What is this country coming to?!

10/31/2005 12:28 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Classic

10/31/2005 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's getting harder and harder to find people who admit that they voted for that party.

Mike
"Blue guy in a red state."

11/03/2005 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home