Saturday, October 15, 2005

an interractive post

i'm taking a few polls. please join in.

1.) in your opinion, what is the best karaoke song?

2.) would you ever have sex for money? if so, how much would it take?*

3.) you got any favorite posts of mine? am thinking of adding a "reader favorites" to the sidebar but i don't think any of them are particularly good. if you think i'm wrong, let me know.


*i've been getting e-mails asking whether this question is up here for any particular reason. a friend of em and mel's offered them (we're not sure whether or not it was in jest), 2K a month each for free reign of their sexual talents. we were shocked at how inadequate the offer was. we all kind of agreed that we'd have to be paid a few thousand (at least) to sleep with this guy even once. he is not good looking. we also also agreed that it would cost a lot less for someone who was better looking. it's shallow i know, but for those who can be bought, you'd probably agree.

25 people who played with me:

Blogger Thomas said...

1.) "She's Got A Way" by Billy Joel

2.) Yes...not much money, but enough to make it worth the time (and the attractivness of the other person would be a factor as well)

3.) I'm a recent reader, so I can't say that I have a favorite...but every post has been really good.

10/15/2005 2:10 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

1) "Song 2" by Blur :) (woo-hoo!)

2) Absolutely. But I'd need at least a couple of hundred.

3) Hmm... let me see... well the first HNT was pretty good. But I think the 100 Things list was where your personality attacked the reader for the first time, and never let go. In my opinion, anyway.

10/15/2005 2:31 AM  
Blogger ScroobiousScrivener said...

1) Shirley Bassey, Hey Big Spender

2) I think (1) might answer that question. Ostensibly no, but the whole sugar daddy thing has appeal. (As long as he was a very distinguished and attractive sugar daddy. Let's not be gross.)

3) Sorry, I haven't been a very regular reader. Clearly my loss.

10/16/2005 4:59 AM  
Blogger piu piu said...

1.since i saw lost in translation i love that crappy eighties number bill murray does (can't remember the name)

2. yes.and probly not that much. depends on the man, but i'd be quite happy to clear my uni debts for one night (this amounts to about 4 thousand pound immediate debt) and the rest for a second nite (about 9 thousand)

10/16/2005 6:52 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

oh! and of course i'd do it for about a grand so i cud get a new wardrobe before i visited the bank

10/16/2005 6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1. she lost that lovin' feeling...
2. i wouldnt do it for money- for power?- probably
3. ohhh there were a few that literally made me cry i was laughing so hard... i love the ones where you bash on the guys--

10/16/2005 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. 'Maggie May' by Rod Stewart.

2. Never never never!...(unless he looks a bit like Jude Law, in which case I'd do it gladly for a dime.)

3. Your blog is very good. It's hard to find one post better than the others.

10/16/2005 10:20 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

1) killing me softly (lauryn-hill style).
2) no.
3) the ones in which you make the reader get a real taste for new york. the city is a character in itself.

10/16/2005 11:37 PM  
Blogger The Monkey said...

1) No karaoke is good karaoke!
2) I'll have sexy for any good, or not so good reason. But only while I'm single... Now's your chance!
3) I've seen you around but Eeky failed to tell you. I started a blog here and thought you might enjoy. I'll try and be more attentive!

10/16/2005 11:48 PM  
Blogger jiji said...

1. saving all my love by whitney houston. any song that involves belting is a good karaoke song.

2. no. does taking you out to dinner count?

3. i like the dating in ny ones!

10/17/2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

1: Jesus' song from "Stewie Griffen: The Untold Story" And if you think I'm kidding just ask JFTB.

2: Yes, but I'm not sure we mean the same thing here... Usually the man asks the woman how much money it would be.

3: Well HNT round one was pretty impressive, but the one where you made your Ex-Plaything out to be an Impotent yet Pre-Ejaculating moron was pretty damn funny!

10/17/2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger Malkin said...

1) Something without lyrics?? (sorry, not a karaoke fan)

2) Probably not. . . I do have SOME morals. Besides, it would be completely unnecessary to offer me money.

3) Too much of a Jazz . . . in strange places noobie.

10/17/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger omar said...

1) Copacabana, by your friend and mine, Barry Manilow.

2) No, because unless I was getting paid by my wife, it would be adultery. I'm not down with adultery.

3) I like the diatribe post and the one where you exposed limp adonis. And your 100 things.

10/17/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger Junie B said...

1) Chain of Fools

2) exactly. $2K a month is laughable if this guy is not brad pitt or something.

3) question too hard to answer

10/17/2005 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) I change favorite songs every week, but the most romantic waltz ever is "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones.
2) Depends on their attractiveness, shallow but true. A few drinks would do the trick. Bad pun, sorry.
3) It is your therapeutic blog, write whatever moves you and it will be good.

10/17/2005 7:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1) Actually, I don't know if I have a favorite, but I have heard average guys and gals actually do great renditions of the following:

Song 2 - Blur
Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder) - Maxwell
Possession - Sarah McLachlan
Wild Horses - Rolling Stones

I like kareoke nights when people get up and put forth a decent effort. But when the people cannot carry a tune, it hurts my bones.

2) I think my attraction to the potential client would dictate whether I would even consider an indecent proposal on this lines. Depending on how much she were willing to pay would also dictate how hot a time she will have.

3) Yeah, the dating ones are pretty cool. I can relate to many of them. But overall ALL of your posts I enjoy!

Peace

10/18/2005 12:26 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Did I completely hallucinate responding to this post? Crummy. That could be bad for my future.

1) Rebel Yell by Billy Idol.
2) No
3) We all know I love celeb stalking stuff...

10/18/2005 1:09 AM  
Blogger Syar said...

1 : No idea. I don't karaoke. its for the betterment of humankind.

2 : No. That mostly has to do with religion not allowing premarital sex. (am saving myself for marriage, see?) But if that wasn't the case...who knows.

3. The posts by guest writers are good. the celeb stalkings are awesome, and totally eye opening. :-) ah, I can't pick the TRULY TRULY marvellous ones cause there's so many.

10/18/2005 3:13 AM  
Blogger Mischa said...

1) We Are The Champions or Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

2) I don't think I'd ever sleep with someone for money! I have to reeeaaally like the person romantically first <=)

3) Celeb stalker posts!

10/18/2005 5:21 AM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

1. I've often sung "Doo Wah Diddy Diddy" by Mannfred Mann.

2. In theory, isn't it always for money? Everyone gets a little somethin' out of somethin'somethin'. But in reality, I'd have to be attracted to the guy, and then yes, I'd have sex for money. A couple grand a month would be a nice start (expecially if I'm attracted to him.) But if there's no attraction, there's no way I could fuck him. I'm not wired that way.

3. I can't think of a stand-out post or anything. You're just Jazz. :) Ain't that enough?

10/18/2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger glo said...

ScribecalledSteph...insightful and funny. "A couple grand a month"...classic.

10/18/2005 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Danke Shoen Wayne Newton, for sure.
2. No, I would not have sex for money. But when you were younger and paying for beer .. was that paying for it? smirk

10/18/2005 11:21 PM  
Blogger highcontrast said...

1) crossroads - bones thugs n harmony

2) probably.

3) dating/adonis related posts.

10/19/2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

1) Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

2) Nope.

3) I haven't been disappointed in any posts yet.

10/21/2005 4:10 PM  
Blogger smila said...

1. Fallen - Lauren Wood

2. Very tempted to but nope...pride got in the way. However, if it's 1 mil a pop...hehe...then again, no p&#@$*s worth that much!!

3. I love ur polls/listings... very relatable!

12/31/2005 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home