Friday, October 07, 2005

autumn in new york

today was one of those days it just felt good to be alive and in this city of mine.

i woke up and knew immediately that fall had come. strolling down the cobblestone streets in soho, the air was crisp and sweet. the scent of cinnamon and sugar roasted nuts dancing past the nose.

skim latte in hand, i stepped into a warm vintage store full of cowboy boots and gorgeous dresses. tiny dancer, one of my absolute favorite songs, started to play in the background.

evening fell in and i walked by a few guys tossing a football around on a quiet Lafayette street by the light of the streetlamps. reminding me of my childhood. the calls home at dusk in my neighborhood; everybody abandoning the game of "ghosts in the graveyard" to go in for dinner.

for a few glorious hours, all that stuff i stress about daily just melted away. just long enough for me to welcome the season.

hello autumn,

it's so good to see you back.

kisses,

jasmine

10 people who played with me:

Blogger Wags said...

Sounds nice, I miss real fall. Out here on the left coast fall brings dry heat and fires. The rainy season is not far away, sigh.
-d

10/07/2005 2:23 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

Jazz you said it perfectly. I was going to blog about it myself this morning...

10/07/2005 8:24 AM  
Blogger omar said...

Nothing like fall in the northeast. So many damn trees. I was going to go out and take some pictures this weekend.

That said, I don't like fall because that means winter is coming.

10/07/2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger highcontrast said...

you know, i've been dreading the fall all summer long - and then last night i told myself i should embrace the beauty of the seasons. so with an open mind, i stepped out of my building this morning. i was immediately hit with an icy blast of 50 degree air and drizzle and decided on the spot that autumn can go fuck itself. :)

10/07/2005 1:14 PM  
Blogger ... j said...

come late ocotber, get in your zipcar, dripe upstate, go apple picking... definately worth it.

And you godda love it when the park(s) turn.

10/07/2005 2:34 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

The one thing I remember about Ghost in the Graveyard is that there were like 50 different versions, and every neighborhood had their own.

In my town, inter-neighborhood games often ended in bloodshed.

10/07/2005 6:08 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i love the fall. sweaters and boots, and scarves -- more for decoration, not insulation. though i am sitting in the arctic b/c the company still thinks the AC should be on and i'm freezing my tookus off, i'm still going to say i love it. too bad it gets shorter and shorter every year in the midwest...

10/07/2005 11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

exactly what highcontrast said- but same time we do have nice days and i like pumpkins, they're cute and cuddly-

10/08/2005 11:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're damn straight, sista! Oh yeah, I haven't forgotten about that Photoshop email. Just getting back into the swing of things since Africa.

Peace

10/08/2005 11:57 AM  
Blogger The Seeker said...

I'd like to go for a walk with you. Sounds very nice.

10/08/2005 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home