Saturday, April 23, 2005

te quiero, te adoro, mi vida...

i'm listening to "chan chan" by the buena vista social club. wish there were someone here for me to make love to right about now.

i'm having latin music at my wedding. everyone will get laid that night. so damn sultry.

since there's no man here, i must get back to my work, however reluctantly.

on the upside, i won salsa dancing lessons at a charity auction. yummy.

buy this cd. dos gardenias is sexy too. you'll love the whole thing, i promise.

8 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

love buena vista.

you will have a great time at salsa (if you have time to take them anytime soon). if you're new to it, just be choosy about whom you partner with. a good indicator is the amount of pressure he puts on the small of your back. if he is barely touching you, he won't be a clear enough guide and if he's clutching too tight, he may be too controlling. it makes all the difference.

4/24/2005 4:50 AM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

Now that you mention it, I need to beat up my friend if he doesn't return my copy to me.

4/24/2005 1:03 PM  
Blogger omar said...

I think I may have some insight as to the cause of your study problems. Perhaps it is the listening to music that makes you want to make love just prior to your study sessions that is causing some concentration issues...

4/24/2005 3:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah Cate said...

Ah, Buena Vista Social Club. Thanks for reminding me of this great album that's sort of been collecting dust on my shelf. Must listen tonight.

my mom dated spike

4/25/2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Shame on me. I haven't posted for this topic.

Well, that is very interesting, Jasmine. I've never really listened to that group, though I have heard of them. But, for some reason, now I want to listen to them.

4/25/2005 11:09 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

I've prayed to the gods of mambo, merengue, and salsa. There was a time when my friends and I were "the mambo kings." Or at least we thought we were.

Salsa is beautiful. Especially when you have the right partner.

4/26/2005 1:40 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

yeah, once you've danced with the right partner, your quest will be to find someone who will compare. and, even if you hate his guts, you'll still dream of his arms around you six years later.

it's like that first kiss.

jasmine, this topic brought back a lot of warm memories. thanks.

4/26/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

buena vista social club is still high in my cd/mp3 rotation, even after so many years. i saw them live at the paramount theater in oakland a few years ago, and it was an amazing show. everyone was standing and dancing by the end. here are a few other listening recommendations:

"La Llorona" by Lhasa
"Tanto Tempo" by Bibel Gilberto
"Buena Vista Social Club Presents Omara Portuondo"

5/04/2005 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home