Wednesday, April 06, 2005

hunk hunting

all my friends, none of whom read this, know full well that i'm a complete stalker. not a scary, hide outside the person's house, kind of stalker. my friends call me with the name of someone they met at a bar or have a date with. i start e-mailing them with pictures and fun facts. it's easy. it's a distraction from all the more important stuff i'm supposed to be doing. actors have been the most fun. see Kris and Carl (both are guys my friends pulled, not me). Though recently i did manage to meet gavin degraw with some light stalking and a little bit of luck. he introduced himself and told me he was a pediatrician, which i pretended to believe, until the singer from the band playing asked him to come up and sing a few. which he did, for the 20 or so people in the bar. it was a fabulous evening.

my most recent project? From 1-2 i’m usually inside watching the abc daytime tv lineup which i, unfortunately, got quite hooked on once fall set in. Why, you ask? i have a hidden agenda. An absolutely stunning man that i used to see around my neighborhood (we tanned near each other at Riverside park all through the summer) turned up on my tv one day. he's aidan devane on all my children. so now i mostly watch the show for glimpses of my beautiful neighbor, because since the chill took over, i haven't seen him once. so today I donned a skirt, a baby blue tube top, and headed over to the park. sitting and feeling summer sneak back into my veins while looking forward to the return of seeing my hunk without a shirt on a regular basis. at last!

life is soooo good.


also for the new york ladies: the new best place to meet men is whole foods. the caveat, one of three men that you think are too good looking to be straight...are. have been asked out there 3 times in two months. not by anyone great, but it's better than nothing.

for the new york men: the new best date spot...5 ninth. an absolutely brilliant hidden restaurant/bar just south of Pastis. no signage. cozy. dark. better than average wine list. guaranteed second date unless you really fuck up the first one. and i mean really fuck up.

1 people who played with me:

Blogger Jon said...

Oh, I guarantee you I’ll screw up that first date… and that guarantee comes backed with 2 ½ years of unwanted celibacy! You can take that to the bank… I don’t know which bank though… I’m not currently aware of any banks that accept celibacy as a form of currency, but if you hear of any, let me know… ( I made an effort here to avoid the obvious Sperm Bank jokes)

4/08/2005 3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home