Friday, July 11, 2008

what we do for a good friend on her birthday: a series of notes

subtitle: we're pretty much assholes.

"hey guys, we should send jessie flowers. but first send her pink carnations. she hates those a la sex and the city. and then we'll let her stew over how ugly they are. and then we'll send over real ones, all expensive and pretty and shit."

"okay!"

note on said pink carnations: "these flowers can't even begin to symbolize how much we love you! but we hope it's a good try! enjoy your special day, we love you!"


e-mail from jessie after receiving carnations: "Thanks for the sweet card and the flowers!!!!
xo jessie"

e-mail from justin with which he accidentally replied to all (including birthday girl) with this note: "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  Paula raised her to be so polite ;)"

e-mail from justin, excluding jessie this time: "I totally just screwed up the surprise by accidentally copying Jess on that e-mail.  I'M SUCH A FREEKING IDIOT!!!"

quick reply all from brian: "Only the best for our jessie!!!! Cant wait to see you next week."

the e-mail we get from jessie after she gets the expensive flowers: "You guys I am DYING. So funny. I attached a pic of the really stunning flowers you sent. Thank you. You guys are hilarious. So truth be told when Randy brought the flowers in i looked at them marched out to his desk and was like " you can have these i hate them. i cant believe my fiends would send me these" then i thought maybe it was a mistake... then i realized they were hand delivered so THEN i thought maybe mike was trying to be a great boyfriend and picked them out.  i emailed sam and was like "my friends hate me"
you guys so funny.
i just told my boss she thinks its the funniest thing ever!!!
 
i love you guys thanks for making me smile. laugh, burst something i was laughing so hard
 
xoxoxoxoxox
j"

all's well that ends well.


2 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

I really don't want to know what she "burst."

7/11/2008 10:14 AM  
Blogger Alla said...

so basically she did NOT figure out it was a joke after the accidental 'reply all' incident!?!!!?? hmm... well, i guess Paula did raise her to be polite since she plaid it off as if she was still surprized.

ps: miss ya, HUGS!!! paris first weekend in August??

7/15/2008 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home