Thursday, June 05, 2008

yes we can!

i heart barack obama. what a hell of a race. i want to thank my dear friend jesse for jumping on the bandwagon with me (his cousin, someone hired by the obama campaign for a bit, dragged him there with me). i'm happy that i don't have to have any "i told you so" awkward "i'm telling you i'm sorry that she lost but i'm not at all sorry, acutally" moments with him. also, now i can still rock my "barack the vote" shirt with pride. now if only someone would pass a note to hillary in homeroom to let her know she didn't win...

i've been busy. not sure who the hell reads this thing anymore and i haven't checked up on my statcounter in months. but as soon as it gets warm, concerts come up, galas happen, events sprout up all over the place.

i lost a roommate to her boyfriend's place in queens, found another who is a friend of a friend and avoided all the craigs psychos (thank the lord). have been cleaning and organizing my apt which, i hate to admit, was a near disaster. i'd submitted myself for a few TLC shows, the ones where they come in and organize for you, and then realized how annoyingly lazy i was being and just sucked that shit up and did it myself. bought a few more stackable bookcases and have found a place for most of my stuff (which meant paying cassandra $15 bucks a month to put a clothes rack in her totally empty/minimalist room though i did buy a pretty japanese folding screen to cover it up).

i saw a jerry robbins night with new york city ballet. those people need to get their shit together. their posters are ugly, their houses are half empty. ballet is stuffy and boring as it is, they need to be going above and beyond to make it exciting and, right now, it seems like they just don't care. they should be taking notes by the people at the met opera who are doing a lot of fantastic stuff with a medium that also doesn't appeal widely to people without some extra bang.

i also saw ailey's opening night at BAM. i freaking love alvin ailey. that is all. they're fun, and sexy, the crowds are diverse. and they travel! if they come to your town, please go see them, you really won't regret it.



4 people who played with me:

Blogger Syar said...

I still read "this thing". :)

Just...fyi.

I now resume my vicarious lurking.

6/05/2008 6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...as do i, but you already knew that, didn't you.

6/05/2008 10:32 PM  
Blogger Cousin said...

Ditto -- and plan that trip to Iowa and/or Wisconsin (did I mention the latter is a good oportunity to network with big Chicago law-firm types? At least if you do the election judge thing)!

6/09/2008 10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

still lurking and reading... If I lived in NYC, I picture your writing as how I'd like to be living, if I lived there, but I'm a Texas girl who won't ever leave voluntarily... I'm way too in love with this place... 100 degree heat and all...

there's just something sexy about all the sweat...

6/11/2008 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home