Tuesday, March 20, 2007

subway diaries chapter 6

for all gothamites, the subway is a way of life. this is the fourth in a series of my thoughts on this modus transportare publico. i'm fluent in faux latin, be impressed.

another memorable conversation with my favorite A train conductor...

"ladies and gentlemen, today i want to talk to you about the three hand rule.

when the train is crowded make sure you know where your two hands are. if you find a third hand somewhere on you, do with it what you wish, and call me so i can notify police and they can meet us at the station."

we ride for a couple more minutes and conductor cuts back in: "but folks, remember to do what you will to the third hand BEFORE you call me because once the cops get here, there will be no more touching!"

um, kinda weird but i laughed anyhow. and at 7:30 in the morning when i'm shoved between a ton of people as i stand my whole ride to work, laughing is usually one of the last things i want to do.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

This dude needs his own reality TV show.

He's gold.

Do people really grope on the subway?

(And the faux latin was ever so impressive.)

3/20/2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

I would think that people "accidentally" brush into others all the time.

The hotter, the more accidental...

But then I guess that goes for men and women. We had quite the run of "good game" pats on the asses going back and forth at work. All men congratulating women, and women congratulating men.

3/21/2007 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home