Monday, March 12, 2007

just doing a good deed or two...

so i'm at brunch with a law school friend. i'm talking about my sexy older man. she says her boss told her to get in touch with him to discuss campaign finance reform and that she's called him but he never called her back.

enter jasmine, stage left.

"hey sexy older man, was at brunch with friend who wants to pick your brain. she's called you but you guys never connected."

sexy man proceeds to call law school friend to set up a meeting. friend e-mails me to say that she can't wait to talk to him to sing my praises.

i'm so thoughtful. just doing my job to connect people and help them professionally. i'm selfless like that. really. i am. there's absolutely NOTHING in it for me. no sir!

and unrelated: i'm going to do an AIDS walk with a group of friends (mostly women and gay men) and i'll probably set up a paypal account so you guys can sponsor me if you want to. but more importantly, we want a clever team name. if you can think of something, leave it in the comments.

6 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

Since I hate to see a comment-less post....

"(Slightly) More Than Pretty Faces"

"Caring Bitches"

"We (Heart) Peter DeWolf"

3/12/2007 3:22 PM  
Blogger Neily said...

"Care to Share?"

"Share to Care"

"Aim for AIDS relief"

3/12/2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Walking the Walk!

Oh, Jazz, you never cease to awe me. Will the selflessness never end?!

3/12/2007 8:11 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

LOL: A friend who's over watching hockey (who's a crass MF'er sometimes) said that the guys could have their own group:

"Queers To Prevent Tears."

And he adds; "Hey, I can say that, I'm gay."

3/12/2007 9:00 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

but isn't that what you do best, jaz? put people together? may as well have it benefit you for once.

i know a journalist who met her husband (a politician) during an interview. she was so enamored by him that her friend set up a lunch date. and the rest is history!

3/12/2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I stand by mine...

"Street-Walking For AIDS ... In A Good Way!"

3/12/2007 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home