Friday, September 16, 2005

drow verification

i'm not sure how many people remember an item from my 100 things list where i said i was slightly dyslexic (see number 61).

these word verifications are fucking me up. i used to think my dyslexia was only with numbers but when the verifications are only 5 or 6 letters long, i consistently write the whole thing backwards.

it's really annoying. but less annoying than having to come home at the end of the day and erase all the spam.

also, doesn't it remind you of those typing classes you had to take in grade school? typing letters in non-consequential orders, like having to type the alphabet or just the keys on your right or left hand. when i have to do them i find myself checking my posture and making sure my hands are in proper position. i also find myself speaking them out loud, but you can chalk that up to me being totally weird.

and what's with the word weird? i thought it was "i usually comes before e except after c or when it is pronounced like "a" as "neighbor" and "weigh" or "e" as in "their" and "heir." how come they don't manage a weird word like weird into their little rhyme?

12 people who played with me:

Blogger Junie B said...

let me be the FIRST to comment!! yay!

i talk while i type too, if thats what you were speaking of.

drives everyone in my office around me, nuts.

and i find it EXTREMELY weird that i just changed my blog to have the "how weird are you?" test on there.

hmmm..

9/16/2005 4:24 PM  
Blogger glo said...

You hit it on the head with the word verification. I mess them up all the time and think I've forgotten how to spell. I long for a spam-free world where verification isn't necessary. *sigh* More likely that I'll get eaten by that wild alligator on the loose in the sewer system....okay until 2 days ago, that was actually a possibility here in LA.

Just so you know, my "word" was cydjxqg....yeah, I use that in a sentence all the time.

9/16/2005 7:25 PM  
Blogger omar said...

TWICE I've had the word verification include the word "sex" in it. One time, it was "laysex"

And dammit, if I get two v's in a row looking like a W one more time...

9/16/2005 7:54 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

My hatered is the upper case I's that look like lower case l's...

(And I did coment two days ago that my word verification was something very obscene... Random sequences my ass)

9/16/2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

yeah, and i think they make them all distorted and wavy just to throw me a curve.

btw, jas, the trick for weird is "WE are weird." damn straight, too. i got a hundred of them.

yoyqiit

9/16/2005 8:38 PM  
Blogger The Big Cheese said...

Sing sister. Wait. I am not a black woman.

9/16/2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I'm mildly entertained by all of these verification words. I hate entering them, but I like reading them. My current word is: anitvygp

Sounds like something people would eat in central Asia.

9/16/2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I've given up on spelling altogether. I can't live without a spell check. I used to have a friend who used to send me corrections on my grammar and spelling of postings on my blog (I should say: "he was a freind until he sent me corrections...") Spelling errors happen to everyone--people should be able to figure out what you're saying... if not, they're idiots and don't bother dealing with them.

As for the Word Verifications... I don't understand half of the letters I'm shown: That's an 'R'... and that's a 'Q'... and what the hell is that?

Good luck on the job hunting...

9/18/2005 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The words on blogger are better than other places that require them. I remember trying to do something or other on Yahoo where they required verification and all the letters were crooked different ways and Ls looked like Is and Vs looked like Us and there were lines going through them. I was trying to do something legitimate, but it took me like four tries to get it right. I think they're trying to weed out the people like me from using the internet. Dicks.

9/18/2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

sllhbpoh. sounds indigenous.

I wasn't too happy with the word verification thing either, but I'd rather that than those annoying spamments that makes me think I have more comments than I actually do.

It makes me feel bad when they ask me to verify another damn word because I mixed up my L's and i's and j's and v's and w's. I mean, I can spell, ya know? just not under all this pressure.

9/19/2005 1:06 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Lately, I've been experiencing comic fatigue....i watched Jon Steward religiously every night...then I got tired of him and changed to letterman...now I'm at Ellen. Is it my attention span? Probably, but it seems like I've seen funnier, more creative stuff on the web these days.

That's it. My Blogbuddies are all too talented. I've lost my love of mainstream.

9/19/2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger justanothersarah said...

I'm hooked on phonics too! I always remember weird because it's, well, weird and doesn't follow the rhyme.

Of course, I can never spell rhyme and had to look at your post to get it right. Now THAT'S weird.

Sarah

9/19/2005 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home