Thursday, September 15, 2005

unemployment is fun!...kinda

so because i don't have a job, i get to watch the Ellen show EVERYDAY. ellen makes me really happy. so does jon stewart. because i'm staying with people who have cable i've gotten to watch the Daily Show every night.

but i have to say, the stress of having neither a job nor an apt clearly outweighs the perks. not to mention the near 200K loan balance hanging over my head along with the end of my grace period in november.

i've been pretty restless. i'm setting up networking meetings and stuff. trying to get myself organized. am joining bar committees. i have pretty much decided i'd like to work in trusts and estates so need to find some "T & E" boutique firms. i'm slowly on my way, but it's a process and this housing thing is definitely getting in my way.

on more positive note...i bought the most amazing pair of charles david gold faux-alligator skin stilettos. they were $200 originally and i got them for $16 from the nordstrom rack. yes, you read that right. SIXTEEN DOLLARS. plus, they're the perfect gold. not too yellowy. in fact, they could nearly pass for silver. yeah, i know, i rule. when i bought them, the toe of one of the shoes was gray-ish and i thought the "metallic" had worn off them. i started messing with them a bit and realized it was just adhesive left on them probably from some misplaced sticker. i was able to get all the gray off and now they're perfect! i walk around the house in them constantly just to wear them in. pretty soon they will be ready to hit the streets.

i live for days like that. debuting a fab pair of new shoes. but really, what woman doesn't live for days like that? i can't wait to get a picture of them posted for you. they are beyond brag-worthy.

oh, and because i promised..my top ten list (these are pretty consistent. occasionally brandon or jason will head off and josh hartnett and jimmy fallon will take their place. the first eight are pretty stable):
  1. jon stewart
  2. tom welling
  3. taye diggs
  4. patrick dempsey
  5. robby ginepri
  6. derek jeter
  7. paul newman
  8. jason mraz
  9. joshua bell
  10. brandon boyd

12 people who played with me:

Blogger Junie B said...

COMPLETELY jealous of the brag-worthy gold stilettos...i am DYING for a new pair (in any color), but have been a good girl. i keep losing my bids on ebay for a pair of JChoo's.. :O(

good luck on all the networking!!

9/15/2005 3:33 PM  
Blogger MEP said...

I completely understand the "new shoes/outfit" feeling. I too will plot for days on how I will wear the shoes or how I will use the piece in my wardrobe. I definitely think it is a great girly habit.

9/15/2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

the best part of ellen is the DANCING. oh, the DANCING! i love ellen.

i love the *just right* metallic color. i think i have a bag that would probably go perfectly with those shoes.

you know, you're going to be working for pretty much the rest of your life, jas. if you're not completely hurting for money, maybe you might want to stretch out your summer a little longer...? just a thought from someone who puts in way too many thankless hours in a dungeon.

9/15/2005 5:23 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Ellen and Jon Stewart - perfect TV. I agree, love them both!

9/15/2005 6:05 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Robby Ginepri? Did you go to any of the US Open? You know, most tennis guys aren’t exactly out of shape… Why am I talking about guys? Did I mention I’m on painkillers right now? I have a loser daytime job, so I don’t get to watch Ellen. Cripes! (by the way, “cripes” is my painkiller word of the day.)

9/15/2005 9:47 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I guess I'll take the eleven spot. Eleven's pretty good, right?

9/15/2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

stretch: i can't go back to waitressing. i just can't.

june: you gotta stalk and pounce. don't bid until the time is almost up.

mep: i'm still scheming...

cadiz: then get back out here with the bag. we didn't get nearly enough dancing in!

midwest girl: we midwest virgos have EXCELLENT taste

jon: welcome! and i watched most his matches on t.v. couldn't be bothered to spend the money on tickets.

andy: oh bless! you are the cutest guy ever! yes, eleven isn't bad. you're right behind orlando. just think of it that way...

9/15/2005 10:20 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

1. jon stewart - Not so much, but I can see the attraction.
2. taye diggs - He is FINE. Mmm.
3. patrick dempsey - Familiar name, but still resorted to Google. Attractive, but I still agree with Renee for picking Josh Lucas over him.
4. robby ginepri - No idea who he is, but I trust your taste. ;)
5. derek jeter - Nice ass.
6. paul newman - A little before my time, but agreed that he is a silver fox.
7. jason mraz - Will have to disagree on this one. Like the music, like the quirkiness, but hot? Fehhh...
8. joshua bell - Made classical music sexay. Ok by me. :)
9. brandon boyd - Oh HELL yes.
10. orlando bloom - An absolute dream, although I'm more of a Hobbit girl myself.

Fab list Jazz. Just confirmed what we already know: you have excellent taste.

Note how well I'm controlling my envy over your latest stellar purchase...

9/15/2005 10:46 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

its too bad we don't have jon and ellen here. I saw jon on oprah prime time and absolutely loved him. and mad props for scoring what are obviously awesome shoes!

the list (I knew I wouldn't be disappointed):

1. see above.
2. one of the few african americans to get me drooling. he is too hot for words.
3 - 6 : not too familiar with them. and forgive my laziness when it comes to clicking links.
7. YES! there were two nude pictures of him in I think, June/July's issue of Jane Magazine. two words : cold showers.
8. again, unfamiliar. despite me dragging my finger to click. and, stupid college server is not allowing me pictures. will get back to you.
9. hubba hubba.
10. MINE! back off. we're cool and all jazz, but a girl has her limits of sharing.

9/15/2005 11:02 PM  
Blogger Nadia said...

I forgot Paul Rudd (Clueless) and Robert Schwartzman (The Princess Diaries)) for my list.

9/16/2005 4:11 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

For once I have nothing to say. So I thought that I would say that.

9/16/2005 6:53 AM  
Blogger glo said...

How did I miss this? All those guys are mighty fine...

9/16/2005 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home