Tuesday, July 05, 2005

this message will self-destruct in...

so digi had the brilliant idea to get a few guest bloggers in here while i'm busy doing this pesky thing called the bar exam.

digi, glo, omar, former intern andy, cadiz, hermes, jon and ale have all agreed to step up to the plate to help a girl out (if others of you feel so inclined, feel free to send something over, these are the people who i've already guilted into doing this for me).

your mission, should you choose to accept it:

write a post in my absence. you can write it as if you were in my shoes and be jasmine for the day (you know, do some faux stalking, hunt for boys, hit on young uns, general playtime in new york city, show some boobies, catch some celebrity sightings). you can write fiction or non. you can write a fairy tale starring moi. you have an open license to completely make fun of my life and writings in your own distinct style. do whatever. be creative. keep me from throwing myself off the third floor library balcony. you've got an open slate, just keep the kiddies entertained, will ya?

e-mail posts over whenever you've got the time and i'll start posting them every couple of days starting next week (hopefully i'll receive some by then). if you feel like you wanna put in links, let me know where. if you wanna go crazy with pictures, i'll e-mail you my password and let you do that work yourself ;)

basically, i think it will be fun for the people who read my blog to see some of the writing from blogs they may not follow themselves. the list of people up there are are all pretty different, have different writing styles but are all geniuses in their own right. i think this will be fun. hopefully you will too!

24 people who played with me:

Blogger Joe said...

Hmm. I notice this post says nothing about "no Star Wars." Was that admonishment just for me?

7/06/2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger emeralda said...

wow that sounds like an amazing idea. i might copy it once more people know me inthe blogosphere ;-) and if you like my style (but actually there is no style to my writing. its just all trying not to fake but be...-err nonfake lol-) and I have catched up reading your past posts I will happily contribute something from my crazy phantasie. (yes i do have crazy phantasies)

i m looking forward to reading more posts by you or your doubles ;-)

(i found you thru hermes by the way)
piranha

7/06/2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Either way digi, consider me happy for no star wars content. you could tell us how you reversed roles and started stalking FIB. Then got drunk and...

7/06/2005 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the bar exam!

7/06/2005 10:25 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

larry: you know that's EXACTLY where he's going with this, right...

r.u. serious: dude, if you're up for the challenge, bring it on!

7/07/2005 1:34 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hey, Larry. You just gave me a fine idea. I should hook up Jazz and FIB.

7/07/2005 1:47 AM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

God its like a bad sitcom where the neighbors house sit for the star of the show. Your house is going to burn down... i repeat your house will burn down. Does anyone else see this coming?

7/07/2005 3:30 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

On a completely unrelated note, some girl in my English class has nicknamed herself "Jazzy Jasmine". We're to call her that. Out loud. Seriously. Should I let it slide, or are we looking at a long ugly court battle? I'm game.

7/07/2005 4:52 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

I think its a FABulous idea!!

7/07/2005 7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jazz- girl- you have NO idea what you just gave permission to do-

...when cat's away... THE MICE WILL PLAY!!!

7/07/2005 10:31 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Digi, I will have you know you just scarred my imagination for life. "Oh, Jazz. Oh, FIB. Oh.......YEAH!" uggh.

Jazz, I think he just figures if he posts it over here only a few of his regular readers will actually see it. Less of a shitstorm to deal with.

7/07/2005 11:24 AM  
Blogger Cactus Prick said...

Awww c'mon. You have time to post while studying for the bar exam. Everyone needs breaks! (hence I am visiting your blog instead of studying myowndamnself).

7/07/2005 12:16 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

larry: i totally agree. digi is so going to unveil his wild ride with FIB here so all the people over at his blog can't say "i knew it!"

menace: it's a sacrifice i'm willing to make ;)

me and crowww and june: i hope it's good!

nada: that girl is nuts. i'd never call her that, mainly just because i was told to. i'm a rebel like that

ale: am scared and excited at the same time!

cactus: you may be right about the breaks, but honestly, i don't think anyone wants to read about me spending 18 hours a day at the library...

7/07/2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

I think it would be cool if you let the celebrity guest bloggers post, but withhold their names and let everyone try and guess who wrote the post by their blogging/writing style. then we vote for the best posts and the others get kicked off the island.

wait a second, where am i going with this?

in any case, i'm sure we'd pick out former intern andy's in a heartbeat after seeing the hilarious diagrams he composes. i cannot wait to see the guest posts. this is almost like a May Sweeps ratings tactic for the blogging world. i like it.

7/07/2005 2:24 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Right on! Can't wait to see the posts.

BTW, Digi...you turn down my blog and you jump at posting here. Ohhhh, man. I'm so hurt. ;-)

7/07/2005 3:05 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Jazz and Larry - That's totally not going to happen. It doesn't matter where I'd post a confession like that. Word would spread and you'd all be hounding me by the end of the day anyway.

-G.D. - At least here I'll get to flee when I'm done with my post(s).

7/07/2005 4:02 PM  
Blogger glo said...

Oh, the pressure of a post...which is already in the works.

Good luck studying my friend.

7/07/2005 4:45 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I guess I don't have to take that genius test anymore.

7/07/2005 6:32 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

i know some people who know this person who insists people call her sugar sammy. *shakes head* the insanity of some ppl.

i want to do it, but i'm scared. the weight of such responsibility might just break my bony shoulders. but i'll give it a shot. i can at least pretend i've done any of the things you usually do...even if i've not even flashed so much as a quarter of a boobie.

7/07/2005 9:44 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

lucasjackson: i have no idea either. but you're obsessed with celebrities lately. i saw you think a celebrity should fill in for o'conner...

-g.d.: this is a NSA affair over here. no committment.

digi: so true. i'd go around blabbing it to everyone, to be certain.

married: not sure why you'd want to make me want to throw up, but you can try!

syar: whatever you're feelin! if you think of something good, type it up!

7/07/2005 10:11 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

hope you did well on the test. The last bar exam I had had dealt with explaining to my ex-wife the bartender why I had her friends legs on each shoulder. Wish you better luck than I had.

7/09/2005 3:08 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

just dropping by to say GOOD LUCK ON THE BAR EXAM!!!!

And I can barely think of enough things to post on my blog - I could never be able to do a guest stint on yours.

7/09/2005 3:16 AM  
Blogger piu piu said...

good luck with ur exams. i find your cleavage really disconcerting whenever u leave a comment. i must be far too english...

7/09/2005 8:11 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Sometimes I'm slower than others (others = times, people etc.), so this might be a way-old, long known thing. If so, apologies in advance. Otherwise--

You know about connect-the-dots pictures, right? Where you - well, connect dots and end up with a completed, sometimes surprising picture? Here's some parts of the Jasmine picture I've finally connected:

* Jasmine admits to being a geek
* Jasmine is preparing to take and pass the bar exam.

Does this mean Jasmine will be a geekly lawyer, or a lawyerly geek? More important, what does this mean for the future of civilization as we know it? Clearly this will be A Good Thing for geeks; the question is, will the legal community adapt and evolve, or will Jasmine's presence and influence trigger some kind of paradigm shift*?

Hmm, maybe this would make good guest-post fodder.

*Sorry about the worn-out catch phrase, I can't remember its replacement just now. :->

7/11/2005 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home