Sunday, June 26, 2005

a potpourri

It was reported in the NYTimes yesterday that Philadelphia will be the first city to add African American history as a graduation requirement. It’s about fucking time. I think it’s easy for people to ignore the plight of others and fight against remedial action when they’re ignorant of the absolutely shameful past (and arguable present) behavior of this country [getting off my soapbox]

As you all know, I’m a stalker. I’m thinking about starting my own company. All Eyes On You, L.L.C. when I do, I’ll definitely need one of these.

I mentioned I was going to the Yankees game before. Did anybody happen to see that game? They were down 8-2 by the second inning or something (what’s up with that randy?) and tons of people left. In the middle of the 7th, two friends of mine left, joking that they were bad luck charms and that the Yankees would probably win after all. We laughed. Then the Yankees scored 13 runs in the 8th inning and won 20-11. wtf?! That shit was crazy!

Also, for those who like the ballet. If you ever go to see Balanchine’s Midsummer Night’s Dream, only stay until intermission. The rest is blah.

Went to a birthday party at the infamous club X last night. I told myself I was going to stay away from there (and away from the pole) for a while. Damn. No sight of the 19 year old though. I’m sure I wasn’t out until way past his bedtime. But i did, however, run into this random guy who went to my highschool out in elmhurst, IL which is a bit freaky. this city is so goddamn small sometimes.

And finally, thanks to all of you for being there to listen (well, read) at this difficult time. When I started blogging I never thought that it would be something to turn to, or that it would give me people to turn to, in a time of need. I had planned only for it to be silly things, useless rants, and happy stuff (ah, I’m so naive!). Thanks for sticking by when it’s none of the above.

Muah, muah, and muah!

27 people who played with me:

Blogger Andy said...

Because Yankees fans -- no offense -- are stupid. I went to a Yankee game while I was out there and the same thing happened. Everybody leaves because the Yankees aren't winning. I stayed because I enjoy the game and it's legendary Yankee Stadium for christ's sake. (soon to be torn down for no reason whatsoever)

If you leave baseball games early because your team is sucking, you are not a baseball fan. You are a poser.

Sorry, Jasmine, you hit one of my nerves, but I guess it's one of those things you would learn anyway after our marriage. :)

6/26/2005 2:55 PM  
Blogger Junie B said...

Let me know where to send my resume when you start that company. I dont have another stalking gig until July 7th, 8th and 9th unfortunately. a trifecta if you will!

hugs!

6/26/2005 7:59 PM  
Blogger Forzavryheid said...

Thats a VERY COOL little gadget.

Wish it could read minds so that I could understand what people are thinking sometimes.

Especially because Im stuck DEAD in the middle of the G8 Summit in a week from now.

Just in case Im killed by a hippy, its been nice reading your blog.

6/26/2005 8:00 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

are there internships at this new stalking company of yours? would love to learn the tricks of the trade from a true pro.

6/26/2005 10:32 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

june: who you stalking for the trifecta?

adrian: godspeed my dear. return home safely ;)

syar: there will def be internships. actually i'm thinking of starting a stalking academy.

6/26/2005 11:03 PM  
Blogger glo said...

I likes 'em young....

And, jas, if you start that business and don't give me a call, there will be no end to the pouting.

Thanks for letting us help you.

6/27/2005 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We gave Randy the Diamondback curse before we sent him to NY. (THe big Eunuch)

6/27/2005 12:29 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

oooh, by the time i decide whom to stalk, you'll have the biz up and running. be sure to send me your card.

6/27/2005 1:37 AM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

I fuckin' want the rabbit ears, man. $60! COOLIO.

Now to catch up on the rest of your blog... I suspect I missed something and thus should not be in the "thanks fer being there" bit.

Curiouser and curiouser...

6/27/2005 2:11 AM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

all right, so that was intense. in case i look like an insensitive yahoo or anything, i kept my words private in some email to jaz.

i'm not a complete boob. :)

6/27/2005 2:29 AM  
Blogger jac said...

Yes, true about the shameful past, history of many has vanished and roots too.
But we have to look forward now and am too pleased to comment on your thoughtfulness.

6/27/2005 3:52 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

oh just some band down here in Texas. only slightly famous here and in OK. they are playing 3 gigs within 150 miles of each other all those nights, so i figure thats easily done!

is it still stalking if they let you on the bus now after their gigs???

6/27/2005 8:36 AM  
Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

jazz, ya gotta check this book out called Lake Effect by Rich Cohen. the book is a memoir about someone who went to New Trier in the 80s and later in life moves to New York to work at the New Yorker. a really good Chi book.

6/27/2005 11:06 AM  
Blogger Byeong said...

I guess I do need to learn how to stalk from a pro :D Just like obsessions, stalking adds a little more fun in our lives. Nyahaha.

That club X incident with the too-smoove 19 year old was pretty fucked up... but still funny. I wonder what would've happened if you did run into him. (Okay, let's not think about that.)

6/27/2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Do I have to live in new york to do it? If not, I have 3 years professional stalking experience and will be a great asset for your fledgeling company.

6/27/2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Are you hiring? I'm a marketing guru and a master stalker...sound like the right mix??

6/27/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

African-American history is a good idea, but an even better idea is to have American history classes that actually teach all our history.

6/27/2005 1:29 PM  
Blogger omar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/27/2005 11:11 PM  
Blogger omar said...

As the spouse of an avid Yankee fan, I heard all about that 13 run inning. Over and over again.

6/27/2005 11:21 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

scribe: thanks girl

jac: i've taken several critical race theory classes but what did me in were the voting rights (and the lack of for african americans). i'm thinking about getting into election law in part because of that.

lucas: new trier? the infamous super school...

am: everyone could use a good stalking once in a while. its my favorite pasttime

larry and -g.d.: you're hired!

digi: so true. but in this country, baby steps. just like we'll probably get a jewish man in office before we'll get any minority male, before we'll get any female, before any homosexual...sucks how slow the process is...

6/27/2005 11:24 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

I concur Digi and love the blog Jasmine

6/28/2005 12:42 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

glad to see you've recovered from the blank plague. that makes three. still trying to figure out how it happens.

6/28/2005 1:46 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Back to the beginning and what Andy said… agree 100% You do not leave early. Period. Had I left the game early last Oct. 2nd when my home team Los Angeles Dodgers were trailing the hated rival San Francisco Giants, then I would not have seen Steve Finley hit that Game winning/ Division winning Grand Slam. Easily one of my greatest, “Yeah, I was at that game.” Moments of my life.

And I love gadgets, does it come with a matching set of night vision goggles?

6/28/2005 2:11 AM  
Blogger jac said...

jaz
Wish you all the best, let me know if I can do anything for that.

6/28/2005 7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jazzy- you're back!

oh, and this whole WORLD is small-
gotta look cute all the time - you dont know who is stocking you--

6/28/2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger RuKsaK said...

Shit - you are busy in just lovely ways - I want your busy-ness - wanna swap?

6/28/2005 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna know about CLUB X! the city is small ! I bump into everyone when I go to visit.

6/28/2005 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home