Thursday, June 30, 2005

so i have to accept the fact that i'm a nerd

you may think i'm tres cosmopolitan. savy. stylish. smart. and just plain cool. you do think those things, right? come on! i've tried so hard to exude my coolness to all of you. it has to have worked on somebody, yes? well, i'm starting to come to the realization that i am, in fact, a total nerd.

in a conversation with digi, admitted to him that i keep my creme brulee torch in my room, thinking that i could use it as a weapon if i wanted to. i'm retarded.

i took a geek test and was dissapointed that i didn't do well.

have the hugest crush on a tech boy (yes, boy. he doesn't look a day over 21 and i'm probably being generous) who works at the computer tech booth in my library. this may be an indication that i'm just spending too much damn time here and am starting to become delusional. but, i have to say, for a computer geek...he def. knows how to wear his jeans. it's kind of hot. [slapping own hand] stop it!

i'm a stalker. if i were more celebrity-like, i think i'd be too cool to bother.

i like show tunes. that's a lie. i love show tunes.

i'm stopping here because i've embarrassed myself enough, but the list is endless...

30 people who played with me:

Blogger Quycksilver said...

you and me both, jas!
Though spending my entire life in grad school has pretty much forced the issue; there's no denying it for me . . .

on an unrelated note, when you get a chance, can you read my latest post and advise?

Your opinion would be appreciated!
:)
QS

6/30/2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

You think you're a nerd? Trying playing trombone, being awesome at anything computer related, and having an ability to watch any ridiculous comedy time and again and find some miniscule facet to obsess about and quote every 30 seconds even though no one else knows what the hell is going on....and liking it. Did I mention I play ultimate frisbee?

6/30/2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger omar said...

Sorry, I can't empathize. I'm the epitome of cool.

6/30/2005 3:39 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

don't worry jazz, nerds, dorks and (i reluctantly admit) geeks are where it's at. give me one of them any day over someone trying to guard their precious facade.

and sorry omar, as cool as you are, you're still a dork. (i mean that in the most loving way.)

6/30/2005 4:42 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

it's kind of hot. [slapping own hand] stop it!

This post was worth it just for that. :)

I don't trust people who aren't at least a little geeky.

6/30/2005 5:32 PM  
Blogger Gordy said...

Show toons (my effort to be American) rock!

6/30/2005 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's okay, Sometimes i like Showtunes..well that's really my hubby he likes to belt out Oklahoma!

6/30/2005 6:06 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Geek is the new Chic.

6/30/2005 10:20 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I think everyone has at least a little nerd in them. I know I am a nerd.

6/30/2005 10:26 PM  
Blogger glo said...

While I now understand our strange camaraderie, you're still hotter than I am, so I'm forced to disregard your nerdiness in order to hate myself sufficiently...

6/30/2005 10:28 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Damn. And here I thought I was special because only I knew about your creme brulee torch geekery.

Don't feel bad about the show tunes thing. I know almost all the words to every song in Fiddler On The Roof <small voice> and a few of the dance steps, too. </small voice>

6/30/2005 10:58 PM  
Blogger jac said...

I am nerd and geeky wrapped together like a sandwitch.

6/30/2005 11:15 PM  
Blogger Swipe said...

hey, I quote Yoda every now and then. is that considered geeky?

7/01/2005 2:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jazzy! being a nerd is hot- don't even worry- and I love nerdy guys too.

although... forget that invitation to the yacht party i'm having...

hahaha jk!

7/01/2005 9:09 AM  
Blogger MEP said...

Jazz, there is nothing wrong with being a geek. I also have learned to embrace my inner-nerd. You know that there is nothing hotter than a beautiful woman with brains to back it up. I think you could warrent calling yourself "geek-fabulous" and just flaunt it.

7/01/2005 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for nerds and geeks...and even freaks! I think I have a bit of everything in me, and I'm very proud of it! I like calling myself weird and can't understand when people think it's an insult. I even had a friend get angry at me for calling her "weird", when I totally meant it as a compliment.

This is where I trot out the line "No one understands me..." in a really whiny voice. Not.

Oh, and Swipe, I think quoting Yoda is "cool". When I was a baby I looked like Yoda. I believe it was an omen of my future weirdness.

7/01/2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

jazz, i love how you refer to him as tech boy. hehe. where i work at the university i am referred to as A/V geek. but i doubt any girls have been enamored with the way i setup video equipment. in any case, i see the title of your first book, Stalkers and Geeks. and you can open the show with a Drew Carey number like a show tune. (winks) it's got star quality, dame.

7/01/2005 6:55 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

BEVERLY HILLS!

That's wher eI want to BEEEEE!!!

Livin'g in beverly hills!

7/02/2005 2:07 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Um Jazz, if you're a geek then...wow. What in the name of hell am I?

7/02/2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

A geek?! Wait, what?! Oh man, I have been to the homeland of geeks. It's called Harvey Mudd College in California and it is a scary place! Scary! It's a math and physics school, and the kids wanted to rent out an entire theatre to see Revenge of the Sith. In fact, they did that for Return of the King. But then again are you just a lawyer geek?

7/02/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger The Snakehead said...

Sexy nerd with the most perfect boobs in the world.

That's like the highest level of hotness a girl can get.

7/03/2005 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool blog- fun to read- easy to dance to...good luck on the bar.

7/03/2005 3:25 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Acceptance is good. There is nothing to be ashamed of, though... and I think you're in good company here, too.

7/03/2005 8:02 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I took the test too. I got this: Somewhat nerdy. I mean face it, you are nerdier than about half the test takers.

And I too, am disappointed. I really thought I was nerdier than that. If they had seen me when I was little, wearing glasses and playing the flute, I'd have scored off the charts!

7/03/2005 11:25 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

for some reason the test doesn't show up for me. but that's okay. i already know i'm have full dork status. they gave me a card and everything.

7/04/2005 2:21 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

where are all these "being a geek is hot" people? I see none of them in my horizons.

i am a self confessed geek. i have been called nerd/dork. i don't mind. and i would love to have a creme burlee torch. those things rock.

7/04/2005 10:01 PM  
Blogger Junie B said...

Jazz...nothing to do with your geek entry, but YOU NEED TO DO A NEW ENTRY GIRL!! :O)

7/05/2005 8:23 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

I'm a fellow geek....and proud.

7/05/2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jas- what's up!??! where is the weekend update!!!?? :)

7/05/2005 3:18 PM  
Blogger Cactus Prick said...

Ummm, if you don't do well on a geek test, doesn't that rule you out of nerd-dom?

7/05/2005 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home