Thursday, July 21, 2005

briefly...

so i didn't mention him before, but i'd noticed (and by noticed, i mean i'd been staring at constantly) this guy who sits near me at the library. he's tall, short dark hair, broad shoulders, perfect arms (muscular but not on steroids)...kind of basketball playerish. he's tanned, has a nice smile and these blue eyes that KILL me. basically, he's an adonis. his walk is great. y'all may think i'm crazy, but i mean it. he doesn't have the "i'm full of myself becase i think i'm God's gift" walk. if you don't know what i'm talking about, tune into a yankees game and watch derek jeter do it. he's the king of "i think i'm hot" walking. this guy's walk: kind of dopey. he has these glasses that make him look kind of dorky which i LOVE. he rides a motorcycle (HOT!). we've made occasional eye contact (and by eye contact, i mean he's caught me staring a few times, but i usually manage a smile instead of a freaked-out look that i've been busted). well, today we talked. his name is jared. he's actually been a practicing lawyer for a couple years but moved firms and now has to take the new jersey bar. he doesn't actually want to be a lawyer at all. he wants to teach self defense. he has a weird sense of humor that i don't always get right away, but he makes me laugh so much (either because i'm getting the joke, or i'm laughing at myself for NOT getting that he's joking). who knows if anything will come out of it. the only bad thing: he has a cat. i hate cats.

he was giving me a lot of shit, which i like. i like that he wasn't afraid to make fun of me or give me a hard time. and did i mention his eyes? so anyways, for all who wondered whether i'm mourning tech boy...i'm not. i'll keep you updated. i sense that he's interested. rather, i sense that i wouldn't be getting as much attention if he had a girlfriend. also, EVERY SINGLE girl in the library has been checking him out all week and I was the first one to get to talk to him. i could see all their beady eyes searing through me. heck yeah!

also, let me tell you about love. i called my mother to say i was craving pizzelles (italian cookies, google it, you've seen them before), so she called my grandmother who made them and sent them to me three hours later (overnight mail, no less). i was instructed to not call the house to thank her because my grandfather would fly off the handle if he found out she'd spent $25 overnighting me cookies. i love my grandma!

if you haven't done so yet, please continue reading Ale's story: how jasmine got her boobs. it's like "it's a wonderful life"...every time a bell rings, an angel gets her wings. but it's different.

8 people who played with me:

Blogger Nadia said...

So very happy for you Jazz. Am getting good, non-tech-nerd-with-a-girlfriend vibes from this one. Good luck!

7/21/2005 4:43 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

jasmine, your grandma is the best! so sounds like something my grandma would do.

all sounds great with this jared kid (somehow all i can think of is subway). thank goodness you talked to him so you can get down to studying. hit the books, miss! it sounds like you're getting awfully distracted. i want to hear some good news after this godforsaken exam is over.

maybe then this guy can take you out to dinner.

7/21/2005 4:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jasmine girl - are you serious! this guy sounds unbelievable- i mean common... yeah... i'm certified to practice law in a few states... but i'd rather be a judo-boy full time... nice! watch out for those martial arts guys they're killers (and i dont mean literally)

pizzelles- haha sounds like - pisello, google that in italian ;)

7/21/2005 8:43 AM  
Blogger lucasjackson7 said...

your grandma sounds like the best grandma in the world. overnighting cookies is a dream for me. you're so lucky. my grandma can't hear very well so i keep teasing her that i'm going to pimp her ride(she drives a corrolla from the 80s), but she thinks i'm saying, "print your right" and then i get confused and then she looks confused still and then the whole joke lost its fervor.

btw, is it too early to suggest listening to "green eyes" by coldplay? its such a great song. oh, and if you can, squeeze in a lesson or two about some killer moves so I don't have to go to Rex Kwan Do and use the buddy system.

7/21/2005 10:32 AM  
Blogger MEP said...

Jazz, he sounds fabulous! Yay! Definitely better than tech-boy. You can get over the cat thing.

Way to be the envy of every girl in the library!

7/21/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger omar said...

Ha! I make fun of Jeter every night for his walk, among other things (yankee games are always on TV in my house). It's really just my jealousy talking, but it makes me feel better.

7/21/2005 12:34 PM  
Blogger Quycksilver said...

I LOVE PIZELLES!
Damn--hot green-eyed guy and cookies? How do I get your life?

7/21/2005 11:33 PM  
Blogger glo said...

Good on you! Way to move on and up!

7/23/2005 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home