Thursday, June 09, 2005

losing my meme virginity

it had to come at some point, didn't it? sometimes i read them and think the whole way through "don't tag me, don't tag me..." but i'm happy to report that this one wasn't bad at all. i was tagged by cadiz12. enjoy!

Three screen names you have had:

Jazmine730
Jazzmatazz
ladybug

Three things you like about yourself:
My way with people
My confidence
My intelligence

Three things you don't like about yourself:
I’m too uptight
My Insecurities
My selfishness

Three things that scare you:
the future
Leaving this city
rollercoasters

Three of your everyday essentials:
NY Times
Skim Latte
Lotion!

Three things you are wearing right now:
Black pajama pants
Camisole
slippers

Three of your favorite songs:
These foolish things sung by billie holiday
Anything Coltrane
Belief: Gavin DeGraw

Three new things you want to try in the next twelve months:
Getting a real job
Burlesque dancing lessons (or bellydancing)
Move to a different borough

Three things you want in a relationship:
Humor
Candor
Longevity

Three things you can't do without:
Craigslist
Jamba Juice
dogs

Three places you want to go on vacation:
Southern Spain
New Zealand
Hawaii

Three things you just can't do:
Whistle
Keep plants alive
Ask for favors

Three kids' names:
Clayton
Elena
Carter

Three things you want to do before you die:
record a jazz album
Skydive
Travel a lot more

Three celebrity crushes:
Jon Stewart
Patrick Dempsey
Taye Diggs

Three people I nominate to complete this exercise:
I hate to break the meme chain, but I don’t want anybody to feel like they’ve gotta do this. If you wanna do it, do it and let me know you’ve done it so I can read it.

12 people who played with me:

Blogger Syar said...

i love gavin degraw. but i am completely oblivious as to what a meme chain is. i've done things like this before, didn't know they had names. btw, i should mention your 100 list has inspired me to make one of my own. =) keep on keeping it on.

6/10/2005 12:33 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Good news...you can post in Potato now. LOL You warned me.

6/10/2005 1:59 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i have one word for you about southern spain: Granada.

that's where it's at.

6/10/2005 2:16 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Diving from the sky seems to be popular these days… why do we all talk about it, but none of us seem to be doing it?

6/10/2005 4:00 AM  
Blogger Quycksilver said...

Oh, forgot about Patrick Dempsey when I did my celeb crushes. Did this one, or one very similar, a couple days ago on my blog.

6/10/2005 4:18 AM  
Blogger A said...

Why 730? I always wonder about the numbers in peoples IDs. I never had any in mine because I couldn't came up with any numbers that would have a good logic behind them.

Humor, candor, longevity...perfect combination, covers everything that's required.

Send me a copy of that jazz album when you record it. Last night on my way back from work I was listening to the radio and there was this jazz show going on. They played this amazing french song the title of which I failed to catch because I was in this idiot drivethrough in the process of ordering food. I hope they play it again tonight. I won't rest till I find out.

6/10/2005 9:09 AM  
Blogger A said...

Oh and Jon, I'm not doing anything about skydiving because I can't. They don't have it here except maybe the army. I like to believe that I WILL do it the minute I go somewhere for my masters where you can do that, like the States maybe. I should check the status of skydiving in UK and France which are my other options. Hmm.

6/10/2005 9:13 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

syar: thanks! i'll be sure to check out your 100 things list too.

-g.d.: can't believe kris gave permission to let me back in. you give him sedatives or something?

cadiz: yes! and seville!

jon: its expensive, otherwise i probably would have done it by now...

a: it was my first address with aol and i was 12 when i set it up. i should have made it 830 which is my birthday, aug. 30 but at 12 i wasn't thinking that hard.

6/10/2005 12:54 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

Jon Stewart rocks. I've loved him for well over a decade. Nice to see the flowers sprouting out of his ass these days. Good on him.

6/10/2005 1:41 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i can't convince anyone i know in real life to go skydiving with me. someone told me you should try to experience it with someone you love because then you'd always associate the exhilaration of freefall with that person and it'd deepen the connection. i don't know about that, but i'd believe the bond part.

i only chose 12 because i thought it sounded good with cadiz. my favorite number is 4.

sevilla rocks.

6/10/2005 2:09 PM  
Blogger A said...

I said (on my blog) that I'd be ok with sharing but here's a thought: how about we make people vote. ONLY so we can have campaign ads on the lines of what Andy's talking about.

oh I DID think about the number maybe being your birthday but I figured it's impossible given that you are a virgo.

Cadiz: I like your reason. I like 9 the best but yeah I can imagine it not sounding good with somethings.

6/10/2005 2:39 PM  
Blogger Junie B said...

Done.

And the skydive thing. Never in bazillion years.

Whats weird is I didnt even read your choices till AFTER I did mine. Maybe we'll end up in Hawaii or New Zealand at the same time.

6/11/2005 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home