Tuesday, May 17, 2005

i'm baaaaaack...

I’ve successfully finished law school. [taking a bow]. My body is still holding a lot of tension. I’m still wading in stress. I’m a virgo. I’m not sure I can live without stress. Though, just because school is over, that isn’t to say that I don’t have anything to be stressed about. Still trying to figure out whether this girl is gonna stay in gotham city past august. Am considering a giant leap to D.C.

I was in a cab coming home a couple nights ago and was shocked when I heard the voice say, “so where to?” he was American. And white. Very rare to find the combination in a cabbie. In fact, maybe my second time ever. So he’s also really chatty. He drives cabs, “when filmmaking work isn’t racking in enough money.” He was being serious too. I think it’s safe to assume he drives a cab pretty regularly. I was sitting right behind him so only knew what he looked like from his name tag. Light brown shaggy hair, round face, a beard and mustache. We’re stopped at a light and he says, “I’m working on a project where I take pictures of my passengers. Mind if I take your picture?” I was so taken aback that I mumbled, “um...no” and he turned around, put his head in the window and snapped a picture. I don’t think I was smiling. It threw me. It was weird. He said he was maybe going to put them in a blog. And he hoped to make a book of them…? And now the guy knows where I live. I’m not comfortable with that.

Thanks for all your support re: hobbs. I’d like to report that he’s doing great. No more floaty behavior and his fins are starting to look healthy again. For a fish, he seems to have personality. Is that possible? Anyhow, I didn’t realize how much I liked him until I thought he was going to die. Makes me wonder about all the other things in life I’m taking for granted.

Watching the SNL I taped yesterday. A friend of mine has been making out regularly with seth Meyers. He and a couple other SNLers people are always at the same club on Thursdays. He’s too cocky for being one of the least funny people ever cast on SNL. I keep going back to the club in a light effort to stalk jimmy fallon who is there once in a blue moon. Pathetic? Absolutely. What’s a girl to do?

18 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

Congrats on finishing law school!

Horatio Sanz is the worst cast member ever. He is not funny. And just when he borders on funny, he starts laughing, thus rendering himself not funny again.

5/17/2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Yeah!!! Good job sista'! Congratulations...now you have to get us all off the hook. What's your specialty?

Was the guy in the cab cute? I hope so, but I'm thinking not at all. Stalkers are NEVER cute.

5/17/2005 2:11 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Wow, our little baby's all growds up!

Congrats Jazz.

Any big plans to celebrate?

5/17/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

congrats on the big finish, jasmine.

won't the number of celeb sightings take a hit if you move the operation to d.c.?

glad to hear hobbes is feeling better. fish definitely have personalities.

5/17/2005 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember being cab drivers when I grew up. Have you seen any female ones yet?

5/17/2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Quycksilver said...

Congrats on finishing Jazz--I think you'd still see celebs in DC, but they'd be politico-celebs instead of actor/musician celebs . . .

DC v. NY--tough call but very different vibes in both cities. I think I prefer DC myself, but that's largely because I have family there. Both have cool parts and qualities--just depends on what you're into . . .

5/17/2005 7:15 PM  
Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

I'd stick with New York but have been to neither.

Congrats on all that hard work done.

Saturday Night Live sucks. I have no idea why people watch it anymore. Until about 95 or so, it was good. Now? It's pretty pointless, the weakest it's ever been.

Strange cabby. :|


Read Me and Weep.

5/17/2005 7:30 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Congrats on finishing law school! Nice work, indeed.

Hobbs is more stubborn than most pets I know. That's a good thing... and to have personality is a bonus. :)

5/17/2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Let me be the first…uh…10th to congratulate you! Well done!

And now, my unasked for, unwanted opinion on SNL:
I agree, the show has been a little weak as of late, but it’s to my understanding that much of the sketch choices come from the host themselves, ergo, host with no sense of humor = show that blows. That’s why (at least for me anyway) when the host is say, the incredible Christopher Walken, the show is fantastic. I also think Alec Baldwin is good and so is Tom Hanks. Then there is the oddity, like Justin Timberlake, did anyone else catch that one? The show had crap written all over it, but somehow, I couldn’t stop laughing… Phil Hartman will always be my all-time favorite cast member, but I refuse to give up on the show because I like the idea of it and all the other would-be live sketch comedy shows aren’t any good either. Sure, times might be a little lean now, but I think we could all take a nod from Wilson Phillips and just hold on for one more day, and things will go our way… (is there any question in anyone’s mind that I wrote this whole comment just to quote Wilson Phillips?)

5/17/2005 9:28 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

jon: i saw the justin timberlake snl. it was amazing. my roomate and i still get drunk and break out into "a little ditty, about jack and cheese egg...bring it on in to omeletteville!"

5/17/2005 9:32 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Oh man… Bring it on in to Omeletville! Has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. And it’s something only he could do, strange as that may seem. And his parody of Ashton was hilarious too. Now I’m remembering his monologue… ok, I’m officially ready to call that one of the best all around shows of SNL ever. I’m not a JT fan by any means, but I respect him a little bit more now.

5/17/2005 9:53 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Congrats on the law school thing. Shall we begin calling you a blood-sucking lawyer now, or should we wait until after you're actually working as a lawyer? :)

5/18/2005 3:18 AM  
Blogger iluvnyc said...

even tho i might be the 100th person to congratulate you... but i still wanna say CONGRATULATION!!!!!! :D

5/18/2005 5:00 AM  
Blogger omar said...

That JT episode was good. While I also still sing the Omeletville songs, my favorite part was the Punk'd parody when they switched out Christina Aguilera's birth control pills.

On top of that funny episode, JT has touched Janet Jackson's boob. What else does a guy have to do to earn more than "a little bit" of respect?! geez...

5/18/2005 1:17 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Seth Meyers performs pretty regularly at the UCB theater in NY. I went there often while I was there. (You should have gone with me!)

And I agree he's not that funny at all on SNL, but he's incredible at improv. Maybe it's the cockiness.

5/18/2005 3:52 PM  
Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Congrats at finishing school, good luck with it. I've never been in a cab with a white cabbie, not even in the bronx or queens. That cabbie seems weird. He may just take pictures of women for is own collection. Reminds me of One hour Photo with Robin Williams. How did you get to edit the post section to say people want to play with me? that's cool.

5/18/2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Way to go on your law school. You should really feel good about yourself. (I am sure you do!!)

So make out with a celebrity for me, would ya? Let me know how it goes.

Amber

5/18/2005 11:07 PM  
Blogger A said...

Hey many congrats!! and being a 'true virgo' myself I can totally relate.

The cab driver....very very strange. I wonder what's his 'project' :/

PS congrats again...I'm very very happy for you.

5/21/2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home