Thursday, September 06, 2007

mad what?!

i had to post this, it's hilarious. thanks to lacey for passing it on, her friend mike's brother is a 7th grade teacher in brooklyn. this is a story about his first day back at school.

"So I start off with a lesson on using evidence to draw conclusions,namely evidence of stuff in the classroom that the kids could use to infer things about what kind of person I was. I got a lot of stuff like "you have a kid because I see pictures of a baby by your desk" or"you like to read, because there's lots of books in this room." And then this one kid says:

kid: I think that you play the banjo.
me: really, and what makes you think that?
other kid: because he's Jewish.
kid: no, because you have mad banjo arms.

he did not care to elaborate further."

5 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

Banjo arms? I'd assume that to be some new derogatory slang term that I'm too old to understand.

And I had no idea that Jewish people were more prone to banjo-playing. Interesting.

9/06/2007 11:55 AM  
Blogger Niki Nielsen said...

Love it. Now I wish I had mad banjo arms and I'm not even sure why.

9/06/2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Holy crap I LOVE this story.

9/06/2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

Two revelations I absolutely needed in my life : (a) Jewish people prefer banjos (b) mad banjo arms.

Is there some kind of regime you can do to achieve mad banjo arms?

9/07/2007 6:33 AM  
Blogger Mischa said...

Maybe there's something on YouTube...

9/07/2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home