Monday, August 27, 2007

date questions

my friend alex has said that he can effectively size up any date with the answering of three questions:

1.) what do you think of vegas? (he hates it)
2.) do you like maps? (he feels a love of maps shows interest in travel)
3.) are you religious and why?

then my friend jim will not go on a date with a woman if she cannot answer the following question:

1.) what is mccarthyism?

so i was at a restaurant recently and overheard a guy and a girl (who was foreign) on a date. he says, "so i always ask my dates three questions..."

1.) name all the continents.

she couldn't. then he said, "oh, you're not from here so it's okay that you don't know that."

what?! because when you're from italy, the continents are different? and just when i think the stupidity of both of them might kill me, his next question:

2.) what is the emancipation proclamation?

AHHHHHH!!!! first, what is this, 4th grade social studies? second, the bitch doesn't know continents and you give her an out because she's from italy but you expect her to know american history?!

i thought i might have a heart attack.

also, i wonder if they ever went on a second date. hell, they were perfect for each other, but if they ever got married they'd breed the stupidest children alive...

11 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

I don't have a list of questions. Though, if pressed, I'd ask:

"Which do you prefer, Arrested Development or Family Guy?"

Even hesitating too long in answering will get her booted.

Unless she's super cute...

Then she'll get booted a few hours later.

8/27/2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger omar said...

Seriously? Date quiz questions?! I'm so glad I'm not in the dating game anymore, I can't keep up with this.

8/27/2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

It's one thing to have questions you want answered, it's another to present them as a quiz on the first date. Personally, I think they aren't being thorough enough. I carry around a packet of 150 questions. When I pick up my date, I hand her a scan-tron sheet and a number 2 pencil, I inform her that she has 1 hour to complete as many questions as she can. When the hour is up, I feed the sheet into my portable scan-tron reader and tabulate the results. My current girlfriend can tell you that it's no easy test. I don't give any warning of the test because then they might have a chance to study and skew the results. That just won't do.

Of course, that's just the first test of many to come. After several dates, I hit her with a pop quiz that's all about me, so I can see if she's been paying attention. Later on there's a test about my family tree... then the one about all my favorite sports teams... I've currently got about 497 test prepared. I suppose I shouldn't be giving this much information away, but somehow, I feel like everyone knows I'm just making this up anyway.

Sorry for the long comment.

8/27/2007 2:53 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

Hahahaha

Scan-Tron. God I don't miss college.

8/28/2007 1:40 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Anyone who feels they can “size-up” another human being with a few questions is hopelessly impressed with themselves.

Rather, the focus of the inquiry should be more introspective.

Is this a person with whom I can carry on an intelligent conversation? Am I actually interested in this person’s opinions? Thoughts? Dreams?

Is this a person that stimulates me sexually, intellectually, emotionally?

And finally… How’s the rack look?

8/28/2007 7:29 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

there's really no excuse for not knowing the continents, but it's amazing what guys will overlook when a girl presents her other, um, assets.

8/28/2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger Syar said...

Purely idiotic.

And seeing as I had to google two of the questions to get the answers (granted, I just *forgot* the continents), I guess so am I.

Pshaw.

8/28/2007 9:59 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Seems to me like the only question he should've asked was, "How do you feel about pretentious douchebags?"

"I love them! I want to marry them all and bear their stupid arrogant spawn."

"Then it's your lucky day! I'm the biggest douche you'll ever meet!"

"Really? Yay!"

*kiss, grope, copulate like bunnies*

Bah.

8/28/2007 11:12 AM  
Blogger Neily said...

I thought I left a message on this post???? I guess not. well i did now..

8/28/2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger Alla said...

ok here are my three questions:

1. who is your daddy (do you come from a rich family?)

2. what do you do? (can you buy me diamonds if your daddy cuts you off?)

3. do you have any sisters? (how much of a bitch factor will i have to put up with?)

8/28/2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

The guy sounds like a pompous git

8/30/2007 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home