Thursday, August 23, 2007

signs of adulthood

my coworker lacey just bought a couch.

the first thing out of my mouth was, "oh my gosh, you're officially a grownup."

i mean, think about it. buying furniture that's NOT from ikea. that's something that only your parents do.

i think i've finally found the fountain of youth! the key to staying young is to just never buy furniture or appliances. seriously, what kind of person will you have become when you're buying dinette sets and, gasp! washers and dryers! that means you're, without a doubt, a real person with responsibility who is settling down with expensive things that you are stuck with for a decade.

scary.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger Lia said...

maybe. or maybe you just want somewhere to curl up that's not a bed.

i bought a couch, too. i love it.

8/23/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

scary, indeed. seriously, you know you've got a problem when you're asking someone where they got those aDOREable dishtowels.

8/23/2007 12:19 PM  
Blogger Neily said...

Just buy blow up furniture and call it a day. Make sure you trim the cats nails first though

8/23/2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

I purchased the entire house worth of furniture. The only shock to me was how much off of this stuff (much of which I rarely use) costs.

Dinning room table? Yeah, I bought one, and paid good money for it.

I eat at my desk or on the couch...

8/23/2007 9:18 PM  
Blogger duff said...

the only furniture in my apartment that i actually bought is a futon, a "some assembly required" end table, and three chairs.

none of that counts, right?

8/26/2007 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home