Wednesday, August 08, 2007

ugh

from kos:

Asked why it's okay that none of his five sons have joined the military, Mitt Romney responded:

One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get
elected because they think I'd be a great president.

Pstt, Romney? That's not showing support for our nation. It's showing support for you. As the woman who asked Mitt the question said afterward:

The woman who asked the question, 41-year-old Rachel Griffiths of Milan,
Ill., identified herself as a member of Quad City Progressive Action for the
Common Good, as well as the sister of an Army major who had served in
Iraq.

"Of course not," Griffiths said when asked if she was satisfied with
Romney's answer. "He told me the way his son shows support for our military and
our nation is to buy a Winnebago and ride across Iowa and help him get elected."

Still, as insulting as that was, what else was he going to say? They obviously think they're too good, too elite, and too rich to don combat boots with the rest of the rabble in uniform.
Just like the rest of the Republican Party.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

I agree that his answer was lame, cheesy at best. But it doesn't evoke--at least in my mind--the Republican eletism you're talking about. I mean let's face it, they're politicians--they all say stupid things.

8/08/2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger Alla said...

dude that's why the rich and elite created the democrat party-- to appeal to the common folk and still get their "peeps" elected so they can serve the rich and elite's purposes

8/09/2007 4:23 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

Are you saying there are no Republicans in the military?

8/09/2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger Knight said...

How many children of the Democratic candidates are in the military?

8/09/2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

all of you miss my point.

1.) that post was from kos, verbatim. not me.

2.) my brother served in iraq for 10 months. nirmada can kiss my ass. i'm deleting his/her comment.

3.) my point was that for him to say that his kids helping him run for office in any way compares to the jobs of the men in uniform is utterly insulting.

8/09/2007 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home