Thursday, August 02, 2007

take me out to the ballgame!

update: friend's boss offered tickets to someone else! in other words, no hotdogs for me today. sadness.

so even though i'm missing a whole day of work tomorrow, it took me about half a second to accept an invite to the yankees game today. here are some reasons why:

1.) they're playing the white sox, the only other team in baseball i know anything about and my favorite team from when i was little.

2.) they are corporate seats (i.e. better than any other seats i've had)

3.) we have clubhouse passes so we can hide from the sun/heat if we need to

4.) a-rod could possibly hit his 500th homer today

5.) work is boring. go yankees!


have a good weekend folks!

8 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

I'd like for A-Rod to hit another 270 or so as quickly as possible to become the all-time HR leader.

It's a lesser of evils thing.

8/02/2007 11:06 AM  
Blogger Cousin said...

White Sox good. Cubs evil. If the Sox aren't in it, I pull for a small market club like Milwaukee or Oakland.

While I do love Hank and hope A-Rod can one day "purify" the all-time home runs record, I can't get too worked up about the Bonds thing. Back in 1998 everybody knew McGuire and Sosa (and Bonds) were on stereoids: the coaches, the players, the media, and yes the fans -- we're a bit hypocritical to protest too much now. Maybe there was a *bit* of doubt about McGuire because of the andro thing, but the idea that human beings balloon in size that much because of, wha?, creatine?

8/02/2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger omar said...

Oh, that sucks. I like A-Rod now, but I won't as much when he leaves at the end of the season. I'll be sad to see Posada go, too.

8/02/2007 1:03 PM  
Blogger Cousin said...

Yerrrrrrrrr out!

Bummer.

8/02/2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

That's jacked up. However, I WILL be attending this evenings festivities at Chavez Ravine, and I will most likely explode if Bonds ties/breaks the record because I won't know how to react.

8/02/2007 2:39 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

"It's a lesser of evils thing."

I like A-Rod. He's probably the most talented player of our time that does what he does naturally. Plus, he's a decent guy.

8/02/2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

sucks, jas. sorry you didn't get to go. how did those people get away with multiple offers?

8/03/2007 10:38 AM  
Blogger Neily said...

Thats kinda mean of your boss' friend!!

8/03/2007 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home