Wednesday, August 01, 2007

creepy missed connections

twice in the past two months i've been missed connected.

and twice i knew exactly who it was who did the posting.

and twice they were completely sketchy guys who stared/leered/creeped me out and gave me the heebie jeebies.

WHY?! why, when i finally find a missed connection about me, have they been posted by scary people? scary people from whom i was obviously running away when i was stuck on the bus with them, standing near them on the subway platform.

meh.

on the upside, i'm headed to beautiful (read: expensive) amelia island this weekend for a friend's wedding. it's a forced vacation of sorts but i'm excited for it. pretty and i are flying out together and it'll be fun to get some sun at the beach or the ritzy hotel pool. also, it gives me a chance to wear the malandrino (the black dress in my profile picture) that has pretty much been collecting dust since my last black tie wedding a year ago.

6 people who played with me:

Blogger omar said...

On behalf of some of your college-age fans here where I work, I ask:

"There's a dress in your profile picture?"

8/01/2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

well hello college boys!

there is no dress. i was just testing to see who is really reading and who just skims. y'all passed. congrats!

also: omar rules!!!

8/01/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

have fun at the wedding!

8/01/2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger Swipe said...

I wish I were that dress.

8/01/2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger Alla said...

here in amsterdam they also tried to rip off missed connections. they publish them in a free weekly train magazine called "trains" ...?

anyway, ENJOY the island! islands are the best

8/02/2007 2:36 AM  
Blogger Bridge said...

Our local paper used to have something like Missed Connections. Only it only had one. And it mentioned people who live 300 miles away.

Ridiculous.

8/02/2007 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home