Wednesday, February 28, 2007

things that made me laugh today

i have a friend who, lately, has been saying that things have "touched his soul." everything from me saying i'll make the brunch reservation to talking about a movie he'd just seen. "yeah, that touched my soul a little bit." and EVERY SINGLE TIME he says it, i laugh.

there's this really really weird guy at my office (okay, there are lots of weird people here). but there's this one who eats lunch in the dining room every day with the strangest food. he's on some obscure diet or cleanse or something. today he ate, nearly 15 bananas (someone near him and counted, the pile of empty peels was nearly a foot tall when all was said and done). two days ago it was persimmons. like, 20 of them. someone else has seen him eat an ENTIRE pineapple, which he brought in whole and chopped up himself. the diet must read: "pick a strange fruit or vegetable and eat in mass quantities at a single seating."

and in a semi-unrelated note...i keep finding myself furrowing my brow. i'm not sure why. maybe it's my body's reaction to the kind of dark and scary times we're in. maybe it's the tension of waiting for the libby verdict. maybe my eyes are just annoyed with the computer screen. maybe, subconsciously want to look more intense, like, all the time.

regardless of the reason, i'm gonna give myself wrinkles where i don't want them at a pre-mature age if the furrowing doesn't stop pronto. i'd take laugh lines over unhappy brow lines ANY day.

so keep the laughs coming folks!

also...i'm a huge fan of the "e-mailing a post in" function but has anyone else found that it's a bit wonky lately? i e-mailed my post about my mom in three days ago, it never went up so i posted it myself and THIS MORNING the thing finally makes it there. wtf?

6 people who played with me:

Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

I do have a mental image of "constantly intense Jazz" that is making me grin now...

2/28/2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger Neily said...

Tell your work buddy to eat a bag full of kumqwats.
There's something to be said about a man stuffing his face with miniature oranges without unpeeling them. Or maybe its just me who finds the word and object that goes with it to be absolutely hilarious!

2/28/2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger Syar said...

My sister uses the word "kumquats" in place of words like love or yay! I don't know why. We had a discussionm a year or two back and neither of us know what a kumquat is.

2/28/2007 11:16 PM  
Blogger glo said...

Perhaps I can blame the email function for my posting dearth...no, really, your comment is in the mail.

3/01/2007 12:53 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Do forgive. Apparently, I've devloped Mouse Stuttering Disease.

3/01/2007 12:55 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Maybe the furrowing is to help achieve a sexy, dark, complex chica vibe.

I read once that kissing is bad for causing wrinkles.

(They didn't mention whether kissing dry-tongued old Brits was worse or not.)

3/01/2007 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home