Friday, February 23, 2007

obama one month after the iraq vote...



watch this clip. this man's insight is kind of unbelievable.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

A political leader... with foresight?

It's a novel idea and just crazy enough to work.

2/23/2007 10:34 PM  
Blogger ian llorens said...

Difficult to imagine a politician that has brains and, at the same time, can keep his pants on.

2/24/2007 10:29 AM  
Blogger Cousin said...

Ack! I'm no Hillary or Edwards fan (if I had to vote today I'd probably go with Edwards), but this Obama genuflecting needs to end. I wish his supporters would insist on --some-- answers to hard questions rather than endlessly citing his anti-Iraq vote, because surge or no-surge our troop presence will be way diminished by January, 2009.

Does he support an oil tax (a litmus test as to whether a candidate should be taken seriously -- I think they all fail at this point)?

If Iran continues to flaut the UN and Israel launched a preemptive attack, what would his response be (another test: a serious candidate wouldn't say "I won't answer hypotheticals.")

Several university research studies done by professors who have no record of partisan political activities say that "green card amnesty" for illegal immigrants will have severe economic consequences for the working class in general and African-American working class in particular. Why does he support it? Specifically, what jobs does he have in mind when you say there are jobs American citizens won't do?

Obama has voted for unilateral military action -- in Darfur. How long would he let the genocide continue before acting (an interesting corrollary to the "President Bush: How Many More Deaths?" billboards you see, which are obviously about Iraq and not Darfur because we don't think black Africans are really human...

The senator has said that the favor he did for the now-indicted Tony Rezko (giving an internship to one of Rezko's friends' kids), who did him the favor of selling a small piece of property that borders your Chicago home (no quid pro quo, of course!), was inconsequential. Do you believe that the 120 or so applicants who you turned down for an internship that year would agree with your assessment?

Neither party has put forth a plan to date to save Social Security that cuts benefits for baby boomers, only for younger generations. Will Obama's be any different?

Things like that.

2/24/2007 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I;m not a political person at all so haven't seen their stances. I did hear that Obama made a couple of mistakes in his speeches. Meaning he phrased things wrong. I just want someone to do a good job. I think for now I'm for Hillary because she's already been in the white house. But who knows...

2/25/2007 9:20 AM  
Blogger glo said...

I'm with you on this one. It seems he's on NPR every day and my head nod is becoming Pavlovic. I'm quite impressed.

3/01/2007 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home