Tuesday, February 13, 2007

11:30 lottery

so i get on my A train. it's just about 11:30. the express train (read: faster way home) stops running at eleven.
 
two girls sit across from me. we smile at each other as i enter the car. i lean back and let my head rest against the wall.
 
"this is a bronx-bound A express train,"
 
my eyes pop open, i lift my head. i look at the girls across from me, they're wide-eyed with jaws dropped.
 
"next stop is 125th street, stand clear of the closing doors."
 
"this is amazing!" pops out of my mouth before i realize i'm talking out loud. the girls across from me, giddy grins on their faces. "oh my god! don't you just feel like you won the lottery?!" they ask me.
 
"yes, most definitely."
 
"oh my god, this makes my night!" the other girl gushes.
 
sometimes, it's the little things folks. in a city like this, you take what you can get.

4 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

If this was my blog, the three of you would have went back to your place for some Hungry Hungry Hippos... and pillow fights.

2/13/2007 5:05 PM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

LOL... Pete's right.

I can't say I've ever been in that kinda situation. I guess that's the NYC equivalent of hitting every light when it's green on the drive home.

2/13/2007 7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

there you go now you're talking like a new yorker! "in a city like this, you take what you can get" hmmm is someone ready for plush subburb life? ;)


hehehe

2/14/2007 11:02 AM  
Blogger jazz said...

no suburbs!!

2/14/2007 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home