Friday, October 20, 2006

non sequitors

cleaning house a bit here...
 
re: society...saw this video several days ago and have been watching it over and over again. it's amazing. amazingly sick. go here for more info.
 
re: boys...zeke is still around, so is the cop, so is PJ. not quite sure what i want with any of them, if anything. i don't have much time to deal with it. will undoubtedly see lots of the cop in the coming days though, see below.
 
re: jobby job...turned down a job as a speechwriter for a city official. something about the office and the people didn't feel right. and for as much as i like writing and having to think on my feet and whatnot, the position wasn't all that inspiring to me. am waiting until after january when i can apply for a job with the official that will be elected in november. so basically i've been at the official's campaign headquarters every day. and soon i'll be there every weekend and basically every waking hour until 9pm hits and the polls close on nov. 7th. ugh.
 
re: maintaining my sanity...taking the night off from the campaign. leaving work early today to get a massage and go tanning. anyone who is going to tell me how bad it is, i'm going to pre-emtively tell you i know and still don't care. so go naysay somewhere else. i have a good bottle of wine at home waiting for me and some new yorkers to finish.
 
re: halloween...i have a pumpkin carving party this weekend!!! this is a good thing. except that i have to cook something and i'm lazy. i'm thinking i'll do an apple crisp. however, the people at the party will be in love with me forever (even though they're mostly gay) if i whip out the puppy chow. also, i need a costume. i have five (5) halloween parties this year and am going to break down and spend money on my costume this year instead of copping out with some devil horns or something. not sure what i'll be, but it'll have to be sufficiently slutty so i won't feel left out amongst the rest of the half naked bitches that fill the streets for the holiday. any good ideas? e-mail them over before i go get one of the "costume in a bag" things which are always kind of lame.
 
re: food...restaurant girl is one of my favorite food blogs. she was having a contest for a four course dinner with wine pairings at telepan (voted new york's best new restaurant in zagats) and i sent it to a couple friends of mine saying, "enter. if you win, you're bringing me." and wouldn't you know, a girlfriend of mine from college won! whopee! we're going to have one of the best meals EVER next week. am salivating at the thought. will report back on every crumb and drop of sauce that i lick off the plates.

7 people who played with me:

Blogger glo said...

cops...half-naked women...and puppy chow. New York is some kind of town ;)

Good luck with the campaigning. Those make for hard days, but it's so much fun - I haven't had anyone to back this election and I'm kinda sad about that.

10/20/2006 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1- tan away.

2- can't see the video at work, but your description has piqued my curiosity...

3- want devil horns, can't find any without feathers and sequins (?) - and i am not wanting to go as a drag devil.

4- there is very little that i would not do for some puppy chow, up to and including deviant sexual behavior.

5- can you send your cast-off men to orlando? i need a date...

that's it. have a good weekend. you're TOPS, girl!

10/20/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

re everything you said: rock it girl!

10/20/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

That's the video people have been talking about? It's creepy.

10/20/2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger omar said...

That video is amazing.

And re: tanning, I don't care how bad it is for you, i just thought you're NATURALLY kind of tan, so it seems puzzling.

Or maybe it's not natural, and you're just like the video...

Pardon me, I'm gonna go wrap my head around that for a while.

10/20/2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

i'll have to watch that video at the dungeon.

yay for pumpkin parties!

i'm sure you'll think of something good for a costume. i've always wanted to go to a huge masquerade ball, so when you become a bigtime elected official, invite me when you throw one?

re: sanity -- i think i'm going to take some time off and get a facial or pedicure, too. or maybe i'll run away to california and forget about my real life problems.

10/20/2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

My vote for halloween outfit: bavarian/octoberfest girl. of course I think I am still picturing the girls at the local bar two weekends ago when they celebrated octoberfest. It was sufficiently slutty I believe.

As for puppy chow, I'll have to try it. I also need to publish the recipe for "white trash", which is very similar.

I still don't know what I am going to be. Sigh. It is almost mandatory at work this year. I'm going to miss one pumpkin carving party because I'm in Baton Rouge right now, but I'll be back home in time for the second party next weekend. Have fun.

10/20/2006 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home