Tuesday, October 10, 2006

my gawker cherry...

my hit counter has been going nuts. apparently got linked on gawker for my reference about the new yorker festival event. had i known anyone would be reading it i would have put more of the jokes in there and spared them the quaintness of apple picking. can't win them all.
 
someone just found my blog using the search phrase, "bridesmaids black dresses poor taste."

you have to hand it to this girl. it's refreshingly straightforward. her awareness that she will, like most brides, pick out some fugly dress for her friends to spend $300 dollars on to wear for one day. she's not even trying to find "bridesmaids black dresses pretty" or "bridesmaids black dresses stylish." she's cutting straight to the chase.
 
go for the fug girl, go for the fug and don't look back.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger Garrett Reid said...

The good news is that many, many people's first taste of your blog is a quote about sticking a dildo into the corpse of a revered nun. Awesome.

10/10/2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

And I can say I knew you before you were famous. :)

10/10/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

it's amazing what people type into google. really. i'm still getting at least one a day looking for the 'back to rita and her big ol' butt' lyrics.

10/10/2006 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now this one would be worthy of gawker I say. love the inspirational last line. and apple picking??! where? how did I not know about this? Must go catch up.

10/10/2006 8:46 PM  
Blogger glo said...

I've long been a fan of the ugly wedding - the likelihood much better for success, says I.

And yay for the linkage!

10/11/2006 1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home