Monday, October 09, 2006

another fabulous weekend...

despite the depression i'm coping with (again) as a yankees fan, the weekend was marvelous.
apple picking with the lovely ale upstate. the leaves are turning, the sun was out, the air was crisp and it was just beautiful. not to mention we got some of the best apples EVER. however, eating about five each in the course of the day has me so sick of apples i can't even look at the bag i brought home with me.

ALSO saw the loves of my life on stage together. had a prime seat right up front and it was amazing. the most classic line of the afternoon (paraphrased until it goes up on audible.com):

jon stewart: you know, i feel bad for ann coulter.
david remnick: (laughing and shaking his head) no you don't.
js: no, i really do! seriously! because, you know, once you start insulting wives of september 11th victims, you've really painted yourself into a corner. i mean, where do you go from there? it seems to me the only thing left for her to do is to dig up mother teresa's remains and stick a dildo in her eye socket.

the kicker? he proposed to his wife using a nytimes crossword puzzle (with the help of will shortz). a man TRULY after my own heart. why oh why does he have to be jewish? and married? with children?

7 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

Oh man... that Jon Stewart bit is gold.

Do you think Joe Torre should be canned? Personally I think he deserves much better than to have it leaked like this. George should have let him resign.

10/09/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger omar said...

It's not Torre's fault that they don't have any reliable pitching!

Where did you guys go apple picking? I thought going "upstate" to you guys means going all the way up to Yonkers.

10/09/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

jon is such a gem.

10/09/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Wags said...

Sorry, I can't offer much sympathy, go A's!

I would have loved to go see Jon Stewart in person, but I do get to hear Clinton speak on Friday. I hope he is still as fired up as he was with the Fox news interview.

10/09/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omar- "upstate" starts the moment you cross GW bridge line :)

jas shhhhory i'll email u pics next week- yeah i won't be able to look at another apple for a while too!!!

10/10/2006 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love jon stewart. I wish we got more access to him here, other than that one spot he had on Oprah. and that is now my new favourite way to be proposed to. I haven't actually ever been proposed to, or had an old favourite but whatever.

10/10/2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

We have no famous people at all where I live, but at least we get the fantastic Jon Stewart on cable.

10/16/2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home