Saturday, October 07, 2006

behavioral studes: file 112

my water consumption increases with my level of boredom. as if i need to give myself something to do, and getting up to get to the water cooler is something to work towards.
 
lately, i've been drinking what seems to be 3 gallons of water a day.
 
BUT...i'm on the way to a shiny new job. i've been networking like crazy, meeting all the right people and nosing my way into new york politics. i'm now one of those people who knows people. i can have educated conversations about half the elected officials in the state and, as is the way, i also have gossip on a good number of them as well. i sent a job posting to a girlfriend of mine who said, point blank, "the guy who is hiring for that job is one of my best friends. i can sooooo get you this job if you want it."
 
unfortunately, i didn't want it. however, i've got my eye on bigger and better things and for those i might have to wait until after the start of the new year. which seems like just an unbearably long amount of time but i suppose getting close enough to grab that gold ring on the carousel of life (i could come up with retarded metaphors ALL DAY people, don't tempt me), takes patience. the job i could be hooked up with come january might be a job i'd keep for the rest of my life.* so what's the rush?
 
*or until barack obama comes to his senses and hires me.

3 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

this job thing is baffling to me, too. do you take the job that *may* lead to what you might want to do if given the opportunity, or hold out for the offer of your dreams that may not come?
good luck, jaz. stay strong and follow your gut. and if you have any tips on figuring this out; send 'em my way!

all the best of luck.

10/08/2006 4:27 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

I've found the one I may stay at forever, so I can say jump for the ring.

That said, it's not my fiscal ass on the line!

10/09/2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger glo said...

For some, it's the water cooler. For me, the Diet Coke machine. I often wonder if it's wise to jazz myself up when I'm already sick of what I'm doing...

10/09/2006 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home