Sunday, September 24, 2006

flying by the seat of my pants

so as i'm leaving work to go on a date with this guy, let's call him zeke (lovely southern boy, owner and CEO of multi-million dollar company), i realize i'm wearing the same dress i was wearing last time i saw him.
 
sidenote: men, you may not think this is a fashion emergency, but trust me, it is.
 
so in a brush of genius, i remember the pair of pants i'd gotten tailored that were ready to be picked up at j.crew. i run over to the time warner center, pick up said pants and a cute v-neck shirt (on sale for 9.99 ), purchase shirt and change into sparkly new outfit...concealing dress in purse (thank god for all my marry poppins bags!).
 
since i'm at the time warner center i rush into sephora, try some new lip glosses and a new scent and am out the door, arriving a mere 15 minutes after our meeting time.
 
so in solving a fashion crisis, i also managed to show up fashionably late.

5 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

verry nice.

um, how about what happened DURING the date? was the guy even worth all that scurrying around?

9/25/2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

BRILLIANT!!

9/25/2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hellOOOOO! who in the heck is ZEKE??????

btw- Excellent job on the change of outfits- i would have given u extra points if you changed on the subway...

9/25/2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger jodifosterturkeybaster said...

Wait, did I miss something? What does this have to do with your boobs?

Not related, but a good question, is anyone else upset about the lack of success from Alan Thicke from growing pains? I mean he should have been the next Alec Baldwin. The baldwin's are so sexy, except for that bastard billy. What a waste of space.

9/26/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger highcontrast said...

oh my GOODNESS, that is completely a play out of my book (maybe sans the lip gloss, depending on my mood). bravo, my child, bravoooo.

9/26/2006 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home