Thursday, November 03, 2011

notes left on my phone during the last LCD soundsystem concert at MSG

Herve lege. Gil Scott heron. "Weird thing in a boxing arena."
Surprised at the venue. 5day stubble. Began and ended with new stuff.
Best stuff. Empty seats in sunsets. Then purples. Big disco ball.
White balloons ready to fall. I would say they're from Canada but two
of them are Americans. Sheepish in the corner.  Toured two years ago.
Cloudy skies, plane wings. Ahhh-Ahhh! Arcade fire bouncing behind the
stage. You guys, I love you, thank you (she bought me a beer. That's
the true test) excyse me, we're charging the stage. Single pluck of
the guitar.then 2, and 3. Band mbers hugging. Tossing water offstage.
Here's the truth: 3 more songs. Always want to be pretty. Ticket stub,
craigslist: last ever. Can't wait for the reunion. Already out the
door when I realize I'm wearing grey. Worst fan ever. X but not Gaga,
no body guards. Wood blocks, tambourines. Collapse to knees before a
blinding wall of light. Last song. What's that noise? (feedback) it's
our last song. No "ohhhs." thanked bad seats. Brother amd sister
there. I'm wearing my dad's watch. Twin peaks music. Stopped two lines
in, overcome with emotion. White shirts, skinny ties as we flood
towards 33rd.
And sbarro

2 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

i think "and sbarro" is a great ending, but i can't believe you took notes at a concert. were you going to write about it?

11/03/2011 11:28 AM  
Blogger Syar said...

I was going to say the same thing, Karen!

This is a pretty cool poem though, if you read it like that. Especially the line "Collapse to knees before a
blinding wall of light."

11/03/2011 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home