Friday, June 24, 2011

momentous

tonight in new york ranks somewhere close to the feeling i had standing in grant park on election night. just as much dancing in the streets, but this is so much more personal. that my best friends can think about marrying the ones they love -- in hindsight it will be almost inconceivable that things were any other way.

i have to tell you all about Charleston, where i fell in love with a little place called Husk. i was lucky enough to go there with some food people (a chef and the founder of eater.com) so the red carpet had been rolled way the fuck out.

i have to just post my crazy ass notes from LCD Soundsystem's last concert at msg. it was pretty awesome. such a series of beautiful moments. 

i have to tell you to maybe y'all should pick up the wall street journal this weekend. the off duty section might have something in there by yours truly? and maybe you'll hear me blurbed on your am stations that have WSJ segment feeds?

on the sadder side: my grandma is not well at all. we're moving them out of their house in a couple weeks. alzheimer's is, honest to god, one of the saddest saddest diseases. 

and, for old time's sake because it's still true: still getting a million hits from ladies who want to know who robinson cano's girlfriend is. did nobody know thow the F the yankees were until playoffs started? or did they just not care. he's MY boyfriend. and we're REAL serious. like, he wanted to buy me a promise ring the other day but i was all, "baby, i'll wait for the real engagement ring but i appreciate the thought." except i said some of it in spanish 'cause i'm trying to meet him halfway, you know? that's why we work so well. neither of us know enough of the other person's language to get real nitpicky about what we've said to each other. also, we're too busy having sex all the time to even really talk at all. we could not talk, for hours. so yeah, he's totally into me and all and i'm one lucky bitch, aren't i?

3 people who played with me:

Blogger cadiz12 said...

sorry to hear about your grandma. i hope the move goes as smoothly as it can.

7/05/2011 11:17 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I'm so sorry and I feel ridiculous doing this to a total stranger, but I come to you in desperation... for some reason I can't seem to find a way to email you via the blog. I live in NYC and we just found bed bugs in our apartment. In the course of frantic Internet research, I read your piece in the Awl on fighting the bugs last year. Is there any way I could get Mario's contact information? I would be eternally grateful!

My name is Hannah and my email is kaplandt AT gmail.com. Thanks.

7/07/2011 1:13 PM  
Blogger liverpoolfchk said...

thing will be ok~

Suarez

9/08/2011 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home