Tuesday, November 01, 2011

nablopomo

i think about this place more and more often lately. about how lovingly maintained it once was. about how abandoned it's been.
 
about how my focus is constantly changing (when i'm not losing it entirely). once i started getting paid to write (paid! to do something fun! imagine that!) everything i did i was looking for angles, looking for pegs, thinking about pitches. it's a crappy way to live and an even worse way to look at life because all of a sudden you start to realize that every waking minute feels like working, feels like hustle. terrible! so at the same time the day job started to get more rigorous, the time for pitching dropped off and i haven't pitched a single story in months, besides that talk of the town piece i half-heartedly pitched a few weeks ago and at least a week later than i should have.
 
in short, i'm sort of in flux here.
 
i'm also gonna try to get through nablopomo over here, get my little space back. some posts might be completely nonsensical, notes found in the crevices of my iphone notepad. some maybe just a photo. but i will try to get something up every day.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger Syar said...

I was so excited to see your name pop up amidst the influx of NaBloPoMo blogs in my Google Reader! I've missed this place! Best of luck for this November, I'm here rootin' for ya!

11/01/2011 10:28 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

me too. but i totally feel you on how writing for fun seems like work when you also get paid for it.

it was really cool when we all started, wasn't it?

11/02/2011 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home