Friday, October 03, 2008

vice presidents, plain vices

so, the vp debate. thought biden did very well. walked a fairly fine line. stayed clear of attacking her directly which is what he had to do lest he come off as a big mean bully. she was snarky, uninformed, fairly smooth and composed. certainly folksy. too much so for me. some of that is cute, the rest of it is just weird for me. the winking i thought was horrendous. winking is what i did for better tips while i was waitressing. it's something i did while face to face with someone. "i'll give you a few minutes with that menu, get your wine, and you let me know if you have an questions (insert wink here)." it's not something you do while on a nationally televised debate. it's lame. she had some pretty harsh digs at biden, which i would have thought fair game had she actually been answer questions and telling the truth. hearing biden talk about all the things he's done in his career and having her try to match that while talking about being a business owner (wha?) and a mayor seemed laughable.

whatever. she didn't fail. it wasn't that entertaining of a debate for me. but golly gee, thank goodness that biden didn't mess up!

my name is jasmine and i have a problem. i'm addicted to starbucks and it's making me broke. today marks my first full week without starbucks. i've been using my handpresso and making lattes for myself in the mornings. and it feels good. the handpresso is fairly easy to use but requires some elbow grease. you pump the handle until you have a certain amount of pressure (there's a little gauge to watch) but the pumping, about halfway through, gets increasingly hard. so once i've made my latte, i've had a mini workout and am a little winded. perfect excuse for sitting down and enjoying my labors. also, i've saved about $20 this week for it. the handpresso was $120 so in another 5 weeks it'll have paid for itself already.

oy. on to the weekend for which every minute is booked out for something. i love/hate weekends like this.

2 people who played with me:

Blogger Cousin said...

Biden started out bad but recovered to handily win. I just wish he hadn't had to lie for Obama about Darfur -- Biden has been one of the shining lights in the senate on genocide/ethnic clensing. Still think you should try that Moka pot -- they're only $20-$25 and the cafe bustero is cheap!

10/03/2008 10:19 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I think we are basically on the same page. Though I was much more annoyed by it than you were.

Also, for me, "folksy" requires charm. She is just grating.

I am loving Joe Biden more and more each day. I kinda wish they would have let him take the gloves off a bit more, but you are so right about the fine line he had to walk.

10/03/2008 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home