Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ISO a stylist

those who know me, know that i always get the greatest haircuts ever.
i have several friends who now to go my guy and i'm utterly devoted.
people stop me on the street, several times a week, to ask who cuts my
hair and who does my highlights. zeki is THAT good.

but like all artist/genius types, he's a bit whacked. he often just
goes missing for several days. he bops from one salon to the next.
even though i have his personal cell, the mailbox is often full and
the phone turned off.

but for the past year and a half he's been uncharacteristically
stable. he found a super posh salon (at which i received a 66%
discount and still felt that i was spending too much) and showed up to
work. most the time. until recently. which is why he's no longer at
the employ of said chic salon.

so i call him because i really fucking need a haircut. but when i
leave him a message, i can't say, "hi, the salon says you've
disappeared without a trace and that they've fired you. i'm worried
about my hair, we need to meet up." so i had to leave the "i hope
you're okay, nobody has heard from you. stop freaking me out and
please call me back" message. and in due time he called me back but
he's been flighty as ever now that i'm trying to actually pin him down
to a time to go to his place so he can give me a cut.

oh zeki, why are you always abandoning me in my time of need? why must
it always be about YOU?!

5 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

That is a dramatic tale. I used to have a favourite waitress at a pizza place. She could read my mind. She could sense when I needed a refill. I would just think about the bill and it would end up in front of me. Our consumeristic ballet was something to behold. Then one day she up and quit. I met up with her in a bar a week later and asked why. She said, "I need to work someplace where I am treated like a human. Where no one berates me... especially in front of others. I need to work someplace where I am happy and fulfilled."

Selfish whore.

2/19/2008 7:46 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

My guy is booked for a month. I set up each appointment when I leave the last, and rescheduling is not an option.

That said, I have a much simpler haircut, but I like the best.

2/19/2008 11:37 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

wow, i wonder what makes him so unstable.

2/20/2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger Hoboken said...

Jazz,

Wow! We are in the same boat. I also love Zeki's haircuts and get lots of compliments on my hair. I also called the salon and got the same response. I left a message, similar to yours on Zeki's cellphone but haven't heard back. Were you able to get a time to see him? Can I come?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm desperate for him. Thanks.

2/21/2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

hey hoboken,

best you can do is keep trying his cell. he's alive and well, just busy. but he'll call you back if he's taking time to do cuts.

i've known him for 6 years, he'll find another salon soon i'm sure!

2/22/2008 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home