Thursday, February 07, 2008

vegas

overheard: a group of people were debating the merits of vegas.

it's one of those places that i said i hated, without ever having been. "i don't have to go. i hate smoke, i hate gaudiness and neon lights, i'm not a gambler, it's expensive and it's in the middle of nowhere."

and then you go to vegas, and see some shows -- there ain't nobody who can say they're unimpressed with cirque du soleil (and i didn't even have to spell check that, natch), eat at some AWESOME restaurants (simultaneously go bankrupt), hang out at the pools with a frozen margarita...it was kind of heavenly. if i had 5 more days to live, i'd be tempted go there and spend every last penny to my name on booze and good food and die happy.

and even though i know i like vegas, i'm still afraid to say i like it in public because i know people judge you. although, most the people judging are ignorant fools who've never been there. there are also the lame-ass tools who love vegas and go around talking about how much they "looooove vegas baby!!!" so, basically, i think it's okay to like vegas, as long as you don't talk about it.

4 people who played with me:

Blogger Larry said...

I'm not ashamed to say it. I LOVE VEGAS! One can only go for a few days at a time though. I didn't get any sleep when I was there. If I stayed more than a few days I would have dropped dead from sheer exhaustion. Thank God for the plane ride home. I needed a power nap.

2/07/2008 10:16 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I've never been, but I'd sure like to go. where does that fit?

2/08/2008 12:27 AM  
Blogger Mischa said...

I loved it! My family and i have been twice but i was underaged at the time so couldn't enjoy the gambling (we hit the arcades pretty hard though...). I loved that there are gambling machines in the airport! =D

2/08/2008 8:05 AM  
Blogger dr. & mrs. tumnus said...

vegas puts mist on the sidewalk. and the plane ride is too bumpy.

2/08/2008 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home