Monday, October 29, 2007

update: how i've missed thee, internet



justin has moved into a new hell's kitchen pad. but he moved into a two bedroom with two other people. do that math. it means a wall has to be built which nearly eats up the whole living room, but this is new york and that is how things work. so i'm house-sitting the wall-building guy today.

what all this really means is that i'm at a location with better stolen internet today. the past internetless week as been both good and bad. good because i've weaned myself off the obsessive reading of my 60-something blogs listed in my feed reader. bad because i now feel incredibly out of the loop. in fact, a restaurant opened in the city with a somewhat impressive chef and i missed it. it is my unofficial job to know when every food venue in this city opens for friends and family. i would have missed another one had my roommate not just gotten a job at another impressive newly opened place.

i've been doing a lot of hedge fund reading still. ask me any question about the 1933 and 1940 securities acts. quiz me on the sections of reg D, go ahead, try me.

also, i start another project tomorrow. i'll have internet, but for the rates they're paying, i'm certain that too much playing around on the blogs will be discouraged. at these rates, they want slaves and a slave i'll be because the cash, it is fat.

i have a list half a page long of things i have to post about. not sure when i'll find the time as i'm still only half way through my securities books, haven't even opened last week's new yorker. it's amazing how little free time i've had during this brief unemployment.

very exciting celebrity sighting yesterday: ryan (b.j. novak) (formerly intern, now the new jan) from the office! he was a bit petite. scruffy, of course. and with a really dorky looking guy. huzzah for famous people keeping normal friends! i briefly considered following them but had too many errands to run to stalk. had it been jim, it would have been a completely different story, obv.

we had a second annual spookalicous party at ted's where pumpkin carving occurred. i have a hatelovehate relationship with halloween in this city. i love seeing other people dress up, i just hate doing it myself. this year i was little edie from grey gardens. and it was so easy to wear a skirt upside-down and wrap a sweater around my head that i may be edie for several more years. favorite costumes: three guys who showed up as dick in a box guys. loved it.

3 people who played with me:

Blogger Peter said...

What's a trust indenture?

10/29/2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger cadiz12 said...

we had two dicks in a box and one box that said "god's gift to women."

any tips on how to find internet to steal? as of wednesday, i'm stuck with dialup until further notice.

10/30/2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger The Stormin Mormon said...

We were going to be the Dick in a Box guys, but thought better of it.

I dyed my hair gray, had a suit and a hunting vest on top, with a fake shotgun and fake big glasses. My best friend went as a similar guy, but with a gun shot wound to the face and a pocket full of fake money...
I was Dick Cheney, and he was my wounded friend

10/31/2007 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home